Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• trade silver 2.jpg
    trade silver 2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 301
Upvote 0
Another killer Colonial trade silver from Ohio! :headbang: What a trade site! I would hunt that site until the ground is totally silent. :icon_thumleft:

Kirk

Thanks Kirk. I have been using my 12x10 coil on the site. Now, I'm using the stock coil which is giving me the smaller stuff and it lets me get down into the grass more. Now that I know where the concentration of stuff is I will thoroughly grid the area. This is a rare site for me and is what I have been wanting to find since I got into metal detecting nearly three years ago. I spent all last summer on a nearby hill looking for a site like this. I knew there had to one around given the history of the area. The actual concentration of finds is no bigger than 40 feet in diameter. This is in a field that has many, many acres of ground. Kind of a needle in a haystack. I feel blessed to have actually found a producing trade site. Persistence pays off.

-Swartzie

Swartzie said:
Thanks Kirk. I have been using my 12x10 coil on the site. Now, I'm using the stock coil which is giving me the smaller stuff and it lets me get down into the grass more. Now that I know where the concentration of stuff is I will thoroughly grid the area. This is a rare site for me and is what I have been wanting to find since I got into metal detecting nearly three years ago. I spent all last summer on a nearby hill looking for a site like this. I knew there had to one around given the history of the area. The actual concentration of finds is no bigger than 40 feet in diameter. This is in a field that has many, many acres of ground. Kind of a needle in a haystack. I feel blessed to have actually found a producing trade site. Persistence pays off.

-Swartzie

This site is proof that being patient will bring rewards. You should take a picture of the totals from this site. I would love to see that history in one picture. :headbang:

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Kirk PA said:
Swartzie said:

-Swartzie

This site is proof that being patient will bring rewards. You should take a picture of the totals from this site. I would love to see that history in one picture. :headbang:

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Yeah, I'm going to be getting a display case of some sort soon. Hopefully I can get a few more finds to put in it then get some pictures. Glad you like my stuff.

-Swartzie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back