What's new

Thinking about coin roll searching! Odds?

danny1987

Full Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
What are the odds of finding silver in a roll? Is it even worth just buying a roll at a time?
 
Upvote 0
what are u planning on searching? buying one roll at a time would probably not yield many keepers. i would buy as many as i could, then just take the rejects back.
 
Odds are bad.
I wouldn't waste my time like that. ::)
 
unless its pennies-

HH
-GC
 
low xtreme said:
what are u planning on searching? buying one roll at a time would probably not yield many keepers. i would buy as many as i could, then just take the rejects back.

50 cent pieces. How many should i get to make it worth it?
 
danny1987 said:
low xtreme said:
what are u planning on searching? buying one roll at a time would probably not yield many keepers. i would buy as many as i could, then just take the rejects back.

50 cent pieces. How many should i get to make it worth it?

Per my other post, I found around 57 silver halves over the course of searching around $30,000 worth or 60,000 halves. That's 57/60000 or about 1 in ever 1000 searched.
 
On the other hand, I have had really good luck searching halves. I tend to find an average of about 15-20 silvers per $1000 bag, although I have had skunks and also bags with 100+ keepers...


-Paul
 
seattleMD said:
Per my other post, I found around 57 silver halves over the course of searching around $30,000 worth or 60,000 halves. That's 57/60000 or about 1 in ever 1000 searched.

Sheer volume produces the best results.

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
seattleMD said:
Per my other post, I found around 57 silver halves over the course of searching around $30,000 worth or 60,000 halves. That's 57/60000 or about 1 in ever 1000 searched.

Sheer volume produces the best results.

Mojo

Umm, apparently not. I believe it's all about location. I believe that I live in an area that has more people who put silver into circulation and less competition trying to take it out.

I don't see how you can say that volume produces results with the meager findings of seattleMD (no offense) as compared to mine and others. I usually find more silver in $2000 worth than Seattle did in $30,000.

-Paul
 
You can try one roll at a time, but it is a numbers game the more you search the more you find. Good luck!
 
you can (sometimes) make a buck off this but there's about a million other things that you can make a buck off of and can be less of a hassle. treat it as a hobby or you'll be disappointed after a couple inevitable skunks in a row
 
tanner said:
you can (sometimes) make a buck off this but there's about a million other things that you can make a buck off of and can be less of a hassle. treat it as a hobby or you'll be disappointed after a couple inevitable skunks in a row

of course! My curiosity is just getting to me! bank doesnt open untell tomorrow, anticipation is getting the best of me
 
n_sandler4 said:
coinmojo said:
seattleMD said:
Per my other post, I found around 57 silver halves over the course of searching around $30,000 worth or 60,000 halves. That's 57/60000 or about 1 in ever 1000 searched.

Sheer volume produces the best results.

Mojo

Umm, apparently not. I believe it's all about location. I believe that I live in an area that has more people who put silver into circulation and less competition trying to take it out.

I don't see how you can say that volume produces results with the meager findings of seattleMD (no offense) as compared to mine and others. I usually find more silver in $2000 worth than Seattle did in $30,000.

-Paul

Paul

There is no doubt that location plays a large roll. IE....... LJ......... But his question was, odds of finding silver in a single roll.

Not so good.

Mojo
 
1.62% find with over 1/4 million coins searched. Welcome to the roller coaster.
 
0% chance if you don't look. So give it a try.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom