What's new

Thinqer33 from Sharper Image - any good?

tomc1950

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 20, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that thinqer33 hardware from Sharper Image any good for someone getting into the past-time?
 
Most of us have no clue what the item is that you are referring to. If you post a pic or a link I'm sure you will get more responses.
 
Mystery solved.
 
Deep Thinker? Looks more like a shallow stinker! :laughing7:
 
Last edited:
Bought one of those from Big 5 Sporting Goods about a year or so ago, not bad for the money spent. Had a pretty good auto ground balance, old style needle meter was a joke, (pegged out on every signal) Had a volume control knob and the signals were clear on targets (could tell what was worth digging) DISC. was pretty good as well, turn Knob, 10 settings, all metal mode, and pin pointing was right on the money, picked up alot of coins with that detector.
Getting use to my Minelab X-TERRA now,,,:icon_thumright: seems like I'm heading the direction]Im looking for now...Happy Hunting!
 
I heard that it was made under contract by the same parent company as Teknetics and Fisher - Texas First Products.

If that's true (and it should say on the box if it is), I'd say it's a decent value. I've not heard of them ever putting out a real stinker.

That said, for the money, I'd go with a better known model. I recommend you look at the Fisher F2 or Teknetics Delta 4000. I have an older Delta that I love so far, and there are package deals with the F2 that include a pinpointed and some other "stuff" for around $200. Trust me - unless you only hunt the beach, you will want a pinpointer. You might as well get one cheap by buying a package.
 
yeah, that sounds about right
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom