Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for a about 3 hours yesterday afternoon after work and got totally skunked. Frustrated, decided to call it a day and got about half way to my car and got first/only decent signal so stopped to dig. First was the 1891 nickel. Sweep the hole and next is the 1892 nickel. Sweep again, 1854 dime. Again, 1885 dime. Sweep again, nothing. Well, its dark now so continue on to the car. All four coins in the same. My seventh and eighth consecutive seated dimes find. Prior to last year, I had never found a dime older than a barber. Also, the second time I have found two seated dimes in the same hole.

So I have decided to tell myself as soon as I get to my spot from now on, thats its time to go home.

Anthony

Attachments

• 4-8-22 front.jpg
    4-8-22 front.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 4-8-22 back.jpg
    4-8-22 back.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 18

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always a good move to keep your detector on and swinging it as you go back to your vehicle when you decide it's time to go home! I don't know how many good targets I have recovered on my way bac to the car!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice spill! Seateds are a rare find for me. I always swing to and from my search area. I too have had some of my best finds walking to or away from my car. Congrats and continued good luck.

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GREAT finds all in the same hole !! Congrats !
I notice you still have a 6000di in your arsenal of weapons. Curious as to what machine made this great find ?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a about 3 hours yesterday afternoon after work and got totally skunked. Frustrated, decided to call it a day and got about half way to my car and got first/only decent signal so stopped to dig. First was the 1891 nickel. Sweep the hole and next is the 1892 nickel. Sweep again, 1854 dime. Again, 1885 dime. Sweep again, nothing. Well, its dark now so continue on to the car. All four coins in the same. My seventh and eighth consecutive seated dimes find. Prior to last year, I had never found a dime older than a barber. Also, the second time I have found two seated dimes in the same hole.

So I have decided to tell myself as soon as I get to my spot from now on, thats its time to go home.

Anthony
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
D

Detecting Fool

Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GREAT finds all in the same hole !! Congrats !
I notice you still have a 6000di in your arsenal of weapons. Curious as to what machine made this great find ?
i gave my 6000di to my dad when I got my first XLT years ago. He traded it in for his current detector. I am currently using a Minelab Equinox 800, and thats what all the finds in the last two years have been with with. I do still still have a Whites XLT, but I promised my dad that. COVID has prevented me from seeing him though to give it to him.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions