What's new

Thirty One Years OF Detecting and I got One !! US Gold Coin

Hunter1805

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Messages
309
Reaction score
677
Golden Thread
0
Location
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
Thirty One years of Detecting over 300,000 holes dug and I finely dug my first Gold Coin. Found on 3-28-09. It is a 1878 US Five Dollar Gold coin found with my new E-Trac detector. It was like all other signals when digging old foundations, you get a good signal you dig it... But this one was different, NO junk, No shell casing, No Copper, No Lead but a wedge of soil with this gold edge sticking out the side. I could see the gold but in the past I have been fooled by heavy Gilt golden Buttons. I could see the reeding on the edge of the item. I knew now it was a gold coin. As I removed the dirt I was hoping it was a $10.00 gold coin, then I was hoping it was a 1700 gold coin, I then so carefully removed the dirt but I did not scrap the dirt off I picked it off not wanting to cause damage to the surface. I did manage to hit it slightly on the edge with a shovel but you can only tell when holding the coin in the light you can see the new scrapes. Wow 31 years , thousands of holes and when you least expect it .. A Gold 1878 $5.00 coin appears in a hole that should have been just another target ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, You never know... !!! Bucky
 

Attachments

  • 0011 1064.webp
    0011 1064.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 6,350
  • 0011 1063.webp
    0011 1063.webp
    76 KB · Views: 6,336
Upvote 9
I'm not going to be satisfied until I find a gold coin. It can't take me 30 years because I doubt I have that many hunting years left.
 
Nominated Banner...Great find...
 
Wouldn't this have been voted banner back in 2009?
Just wondering.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom