I lived in Marston Missouri for ten months back in '94, I stayed at the Cottonboll Inn and dated a girl from Lilbourn. We would hit the Tasty Freeze, then cruise the levee, the field roads or the loop in New Madrid. I went to Cape Girardeau and Sikeston to shop and frequented a gun shop in Little Haiti.
I worked at the power plant, I was the foreman for the crew that painted the rotary car dumper and the new conveyors, it was in the local papers. All the coal was supplied by barge to that plant, they added a rail line, a second conveyor, and second unit.
The thing was pretty cool, it grips the rail cars and turns them over to dump out all the coal, they don't even have to uncouple the cars. Cool thing to watch and even cooler to work on.
I used to laugh at my GF for calling Pepsi and Mountain Dew "Coke" lol "What kinda Coke ya want?" "Mountain Dew!"
For those who have no idea what I am talking about, all soft drinks in MO are called "Cokes". In Ohio they are called "Pops" and in PA they are called "Sodas" so it took awhile to become accustomed to it. That and the shredded cabbage on the BBQ pork sandwiches.
Ever been to Ohio?