What's new

This Bites: Part II.........

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first one...........darn!!!
 

Attachments

  • P2130036.webp
    P2130036.webp
    27 KB · Views: 408
Upvote 0
No way! All that silver and this is your first Walker?!?!?!?! Or is this your first Walker of '08? I bet it still felt good finding it :icon_biggrin:
New smileys just for you :wav:
 
First "dateless" walker?

I have a "date" for it in my stash. You're more than welcome to send it here.
 
This is a NICE find because of that "s" mintmark. This coin is either a 1916 or a 1917, with the 1916 being the more expensive of the two (If it is a 1916, it could be worth $20-ish)


Nice find!


-Paul
 
Well it could only be a 1916 or a 1917 since the S is on the obverse. I think there are some slight design variants that can determine which it is but I'll have to do a little searching for it.
 
DOH! I was so looking for a hint of the date I didn't notice the Obverse MM.
 
n_sandler4 said:
This is a NICE find because of that "s" mintmark. This coin is either a 1916 or a 1917, with the 1916 being the more expensive of the two (If it is a 1916, it could be worth $20-ish)


Nice find!


-Paul

I was waiting to see who would be the first one to notice....lol. Anyway, it is my first Walker with the mintmark on the obverse.....and it dateless.......grrrrr.
 
lejeuene said:
I was waiting to see who would be the first one to notice....lol.

I knew I shouldn't have sat there proofreading... :BangHead:
 
Immy said:
Well it could only be a 1916 or a 1917 since the S is on the obverse. I think there are some slight design variants that can determine which it is but I'll have to do a little searching for it.

If there are any design variants where would you look to find out? I sure would like to know if this is a 16 or 17.
 
There probably are some design variants, but honestly, I just don't know what they are... :icon_scratch:



-Paul
 
Congrats... nice find.

Cat
 
My bad. I was thinking of the 1916 & 1917 Standing Liberty quarters which have some differences in the drapery folds. Still a great find LJ!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom