What's new

This Bites.....

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a box today.......aaaawwwwww!!!!! Oh well................
 

Attachments

  • P2010034.webp
    P2010034.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 483
  • P2010035.webp
    P2010035.webp
    55.1 KB · Views: 455
Upvote 0
Well...... Seeing as it's damaged, I will still offer you 50 cents for it. I believe that is a fair deal. :P
 
Man that does bite LJ :'( One of my Walkers is like that, it has 2 smaller holes in it. That is one cool looking coin.... cooler without the hole!
 
Wow!

That is a neat coin!

Never seen one before....

Why not have a jeweler 'repair' it?
rmptr
 
Bummer, those are hard enough to come by. I'd tell you to wear it but I'm sure your one of those gold and diamond type lady's.........LOL
 
could be "repaired/filled" but you would always be able to tell.
I can always melt it!
 
That is too bad LJ, you're probably like me, and were looking for that one particularly. What a shame to find one and for it to be so impaired. Oh well, its still a neat find. Happy hunting.
RD
 
hello, hole or not, damn i would be happy to find one, only comm. so far has been the columbus comm. to my crh career, oh hobby i mean, or should i say addiction. congrats on a chunk of silver. ok enough, say good bye
 
Worse than magic marker but still, great find!
 
silverfinder said:
Argggh...a sixty five dollar coin, ruined. I know how you feel.

No offense to the finder of this coin...but I'm not sure where you got that figure. It's one of the most common commemoratives and even without that hole it isn't in the best shape. I'd put it at more like 1/3 to 1/2 that price.
 
Wow, I just realized that my great great great Uncle knew and worked with them. Albert Sidney Johnston
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Sidney_Johnston

Kinda sad he was killed before he could really leave a mark on history for the Civil War, he has mostly been forgotten about but surprisingly enough a lot of morons around here still remember him From what he did in Utah putting down the Mormon rebellion and dont like him too much. Kinda have to be careful who I say that too LOL I think they cursed him or something. read the Article. Its rather interesting.
Maybe I can have a coin made for him...
Its really a damn shame I cant sit down and talk to him, the things one could learn.

Anyone else on here related to someone interesting?
 
Thanks all.

seger98 said:
Well...... Seeing as it's damaged, I will still offer you 50 cents for it. I believe that is a fair deal. :P

How bout 75 cents....ha!

Whyme said:
Man that does bite LJ :'( One of my Walkers is like that, it has 2 smaller holes in it. That is one cool looking coin.... cooler without the hole!

Bummer on that Walker W. No doubt about being cooler without the hole.

rmptr said:
Wow!

Why not have a jeweler 'repair' it?
rmptr

Never even thought about that, but I think I will just keep it as is...just like it was found. Not that I would even attempt to have this done but now I am kinda curious to how it would look.....never saw one done before.

awhitster said:
Bummer, those are hard enough to come by. I'd tell you to wear it but I'm sure your one of those gold and diamond type lady's.........LOL

Bummer no doubt. Yes AW...you nailed it! I like the diamonds, gold & SILVER....ha!

photogame said:
hello, hole or not, damn i would be happy to find one, only comm. so far has been the columbus comm. to my crh career, oh hobby i mean, or should i say addiction. congrats on a chunk of silver. ok enough, say good bye

Keep plugging PG....the more you search, obviously, the better your chances are of finding goodies.

TXTim said:
Worse than magic marker but still, great find!

Thanks Tim....wish they would have used a magic marker instead....lol.

DrDetector said:
silverfinder said:
Argggh...a sixty five dollar coin, ruined. I know how you feel.

No offense to the finder of this coin...but I'm not sure where you got that figure. It's one of the most common commemoratives and even without that hole it isn't in the best shape. I'd put it at more like 1/3 to 1/2 that price.

No offense taken. Coins like this one will be passed on...hole or no hole. It's one I didn't have. I guess we have to take what the silver gods offer.....lol.

Check out this commemorative found the day before along with India's One Rupee (.3438 silver)......pretty cool.
 

Attachments

  • P1310032.webp
    P1310032.webp
    66 KB · Views: 324
  • P1310031.webp
    P1310031.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 343
  • P1310028.webp
    P1310028.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 338
  • P1310029.webp
    P1310029.webp
    59.8 KB · Views: 322
mountainman 2 said:
LJ, the first is a Columbian Exposition commemorative half. They made them 2 years, 1892 and 1893.They were sold at the World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago in 1893 for a dollar each.Many were unsold and were later released into circulation at face value. Nice find!

Thanks MM. I guess I was one of the lucky ones to get one a face value....lol.
 
Better than NOT finding it. Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom