What's new

This Colorado Article Made me Smile

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,848
Reaction score
76,292
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
000bbb.webp

000aaa.webp

Though I'm not Sure how P , D, & S in any combination could Spell out FORD or I'm missing Something.

The Offer of 4 Dimes for a New Ford, May have been laughable IN 1916

If that were 4 Shiny New Merks from the Local Mint in Denver that year,
I'd bet they could almost buy a New Ford Today.
definitely a nice downpayment

The "Dr" must have been thinking of a free ford :laughing7:

000zzz.webp
 
Last edited:
4 dimes. I would settle for a stamp to mail a bill for four dimes.
 
The O would be for New Orleans... you could get a D for Denver but no F or R. That was certainly the point. “Not giving away cars here....” :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom