What's new

This could be my last find of the year?

SonnyFl

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2007
Messages
899
Reaction score
582
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hudson Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got back Fri. after spending Xmas with the Grandkids. Sat looked good before the weather change. Met up with Cliff and Greg. Spent 5hrs in the water. It really wasn't that cold. Flat and crystal clear. I did get this signet ring 1.9dwt 14K. I think Greg got one, but, needed cleaning up and tested. What was it Greg? At one time I heard Cliff calling my name to come over. It looked like he was holding a fishing rod. He said he couldn't get it out. He wasn't wearing a mask. I dropped down and tried to get whatever it was out. I grab it and it felt like the long neck of a jug or bottle. I couldn't move it or pull it out. Stood up told him what it was. He cracked up. He said, NO IT WASN'T. It's my SCOOP, it broke off. So now I'm scooping a scoop. Go figure. He had that sucker buried deep. Finally got it out and handed to him and we kept going. He's swinging and I'm swinging and I've got the scoop. I like them odds. How funny is that?
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    81.6 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0
Great meeting you again in the water at Miami Beach.
 
Always nice to hunt with humorous pals, I be the had a grin ear to eat calling you over to attempt the recovery.
 
We got back Fri. after spending Xmas with the Grandkids. Sat looked good before the weather change. Met up with Cliff and Greg. Spent 5hrs in the water. It really wasn't that cold. Flat and crystal clear. I did get this signet ring 1.9dwt 14K. I think Greg got one, but, needed cleaning up and tested. What was it Greg? At one time I heard Cliff calling my name to come over. It looked like he was holding a fishing rod. He said he couldn't get it out. He wasn't wearing a mask. I dropped down and tried to get whatever it was out. I grab it and it felt like the long neck of a jug or bottle. I couldn't move it or pull it out. Stood up told him what it was. He cracked up. He said, NO IT WASN'T. It's my SCOOP, it broke off. So now I'm scooping a scoop. Go figure. He had that sucker buried deep. Finally got it out and handed to him and we kept going. He's swinging and I'm swinging and I've got the scoop. I like them odds. How funny is that?
Cracking find Sonny! Sounds like a 50/50 situation when you have to so the scooping! Lol
 
Love that ring and thanks for the save on my Stavr scoop. Apparently the scoop and me are stronger than that fiberglass handle. It was good to get out again with you
 
Sonny, that is a terrific ring find! Signets are my favorite:hello2:

Nice pic of the ring...so festive!

Lorraine
 
Nice one Sonny...way to get that last gold of the year...congrats and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
 
Hi Sonny ,met you for the first time on Miami Beach.Nice ring I left you alone in that hole I also pulled one out that day in the same area.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom