What's new

this grindstone came up -rotto tiller

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had big JD come up & rotto till a spot - this came out of the ground - looks beveled
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1975.webp
    IMG_1975.webp
    384.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1978.webp
    IMG_1978.webp
    394.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1980.webp
    IMG_1980.webp
    334.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1979.webp
    IMG_1979.webp
    385.3 KB · Views: 106
I think that type stone came from a roller mill instead of a grist mill. It could have worn down like that?
 
Upvote 0
once round ?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I didn't think of that! Good one Plug N Play! One thing, the OP's stone looks a lot smoother as if it is either a different material or it's very worn down. If it was concrete I would think the wearing down of it would have exposed some of the larger pebbles n stuff. IMO.
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking Plug N Play has it. The smooth part is from being poured in a car tire.
 
Upvote 0
It's not cement - it's rock
 
Upvote 0
Part of an enormous knife sharpener? :dontknow:
Or maybe a wheel bearing off the Fred Flinstonemobile?

That's an odd one there, mojjax!
Will be curious to see if this one is ever solved.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom