This is a Robbery Bank!

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
Guess thats what you call it when a bank robs you.
I went to pick up my 2 boxes this week and both boxes had been opened and then taped shut. I took them thinking the boxes had most likely broken and the nice teller had just fixed it for me. When I got it home I saw that 6 rolls from one box and 1 from another had been re-wrapped in the banks rolls. I called and asked to speak with the lady who orders them for me. She told me a new teller wanted some of the halves that were showing and had gotten permission to switch them out. I told her I did not trust bank rolls and was only intrested in fed. rolls because of their accuracy. She promised it would not happen again.(I keep all my money at this bank.)

I found only 1-40% In the two boxes :(
I know any silver is good but I can't help and wonder what I lost...

Upvote 0
I got a phone call earlier today from a friend that is a teller up in northern Vermont she was all excited because she got a seated liberty (1848) out of a roll of halves then saw 2 Franklin's so she pulled them also got so excited that she opened a few other rolls until her boss yelled at her, Then she replaced them with loose halves and taped up the box.

Edit (she moved)

I know to late for April fools day but there ya go. lol.

That Bit*h!!!
J/K
I don't live to close to NH, and the bank was in Northern VT... funny though guess it happens...

---edit
04/01/07 right didn't see that till now :) If you'd said No. VT I would have flipped ::)

That just isn't right. You know she cherry picked those rolls. Sorry to hear that WW. At least you found one and didn't get skunked, but that still is a bummer....

That's rotten,they should take back both of the boxes and exchange them for two sealed boxes next week. Let them get stuck with $1000.00 of pre-searched halves. I'd feel the same way as you. That teller should have to sell them to you,she had no right going thru the boxes in the first place! >:( I would tell the manager that orders your halves that you exclusively bank there and that you can change that easily.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back