Found 91 Ikes today

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
Wow great job on the Ikes and the halves. I've never found a single Ike and I've asked atleast 20 banks. What do you say when you go in, how do you ask?

OP
OP
I

Irish Finn

Mar 31, 2007
Chicago Fed District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ask if they have halves or silver dollars. They always have the small silver dollars, so I showed them my Ike I found yesterday. It was like magic. The other two banks I visited today had them last week they told me.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the Ikes IF. That is a bunch! Nice job on the silver halves as well. Keep hitting those banks hard!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Wow,that's unusual to find that many Ikes in one day,congratulations on the silver halves as well.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wheres_wheatie said:
Wow great job on the Ikes and the halves. I've never found a single Ike and I've asked atleast 20 banks. What do you say when you go in, how do you ask?

I always ask if they have the BIG dollars and then I put an Ike on the counter for them to see. Still, some of the time they pull out the little ones, maybe they just want to get rid of them. I have over 400 Ikes so far. Out of all I got only one is special I got a clad Proof two weeks ago. If I can not sell these for some kind of profit I will dump them back at one of my banks. I am tying up $400 that I could be spending on halves.

Any body want to make me an offer?????????? ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread