What's new

This just in: Ric Savage asked to quit his column in "American Digger" magazine

That's the only way for savage to save face with all of the detector community just hating him.
 
Things like this i don't under stand......... If some one at Minelab likes something you don't like............ And even though they put out a good product........ You say you will not buy there detector brand again.......... Now my main detectors are Garrett & Minelab and have been for years ............ And if some one used those brands that i did not like ..... I would not quit useing those brands........ And i see that you don't use Minelab's any way....... So i don't think minelab's worried
.

This obnoxious, fat, loudmouthed douchebag and his stupid show has done more to harm my hobby than you could even imagine.
I have ALREADY been denied access to property because of 'What they do on TV."

And it will only get worse.

And if minelab wants to jump on the bandwagon to sell a few more units at the expense of the future of detecting, well screw them. They can get bent.
 
Reminder to members, abbreviations for cursing is still considered cursing and against TN rules.....
 
maybe I Missed the post ?

who says Minelab praised him ? & When ?
I personally have no problem with Minelab giving lip service to him.
Companies do it to potential customers all the time.
it's part of "the customers always right" even when they are wrong :laughing7:

If Minelab were to use the show to advertise their products,
ads like "As seen on american digger" or "as used by ric savage...."
I'd be disappointed in Minelab & loose a bit of respect for them.


But I wouldn't cut my own arm off, by throwing my detector away thinking Minelab would loose sleep over it :tongue3:
 
OK, without risking stirring the pot. If all of metal detecting enthusiast can generate enough negative publicity and get scum bags like Savage gone, I think all of us on this site should march on Washington with our metal detectors and see if we can get ride of some scum there too. Way to go Ladies and Gentlemen. I think we should send the same reply to the Secretary of Interior about metal detecting on the beaches and the park system.
 
It's like this jason if you go to. www.savage-station.com .and then on the left go down the links and click on...Readers comments .... You then can read it for your self...
 
There you go... Jason in Enid .... and jeff of Pa ..... I don't put things up just to put things up........
 
It's like this jason if you go to. www.savage-station.com .and then on the left go down the links and click on...Readers comments .... You then can read it for your self...

Ah OK


[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]Ric,
Thank you for the nice article in the American Digger this month. Nicely done & very professional.

We appreciate what you do…highest regar

[/FONT]it was for an Article in A_D Magazine, before he Became part of the Show & Got fired.
I was only a subscriber the first year of American digger, So I don't
know what his articles were about or Like.

Perhaps he had a good editor who made him seem Professional back then

Thank you for the nice article in the American Digger this month.
 
Wow! That's tough. I watch American Diggers all the time. Wonder why?
 
Ah OK


Ric,
Thank you for the nice article in the American Digger this month. Nicely done & very professional.

We appreciate what you do…highest regar

it was for an Article in A_D Magazine, before he Became part of the Show & Got fired.
I was only a subscriber the first year of American digger, So I don't
know what his articles were about or Like.

Perhaps he had a good editor who made him seem Professional back then

Thank you for the nice article in the American Digger this month.
I under stand that .... I don't know when that was put on his web site.............. But at one time he must have done good ......... But what i was really saying was.......... That if i really hated a tv show and the ones in it and they used the detector brand i used..................... And the company or someone in that company likes the show or ones in the show..........And that brand is the brand i use....... And i really like that brand of detector............. It is not going to stop me from useing that brand ..............
 
I under stand that .... I don't know when that was put on his web site.............. But at one time he must have done good ......... But what i was really saying was.......... That if i really hated a tv show and the ones in it and they used the detector brand i used..................... And the company or someone in that company likes the show or ones in the show..........And that brand is the brand i use....... And i really like that brand of detector............. It is not going to stop me from useing that brand ..............

Yes I Don't doubt he behaved himself for american Digger Magazine,
and as I said Editors made sure anything in the magazine was done in a professional way.

Spike TV on the other hand is apparently run by Low-lives who will do anything for ratings.

a disclaimer between each scene saying the show is Fiction would satisfy me.
untill then I Have to believe they are trying to pass it off as real & Destroy our Reputation.

& As I said earlier, even if Minelab joined the show I Would use a Minelab,
but my disrespect for them would show in my posts.
 
I do, but I'm not telling :laughing9:


I actually just watched my first show this week and boy was it entertaining. Nothing like watching grown men crying when they think they are getting carted off to jail :laughing7:

That one Chicago loud mouthed cop reminded me of Sipowicz, TV doesn't get better than that :laughing9:




Sipowicz rocked....
 
OK, without risking stirring the pot. If all of metal detecting enthusiast can generate enough negative publicity and get scum bags like Savage gone, I think all of us on this site should march on Washington with our metal detectors and see if we can get ride of some scum there too. Way to go Ladies and Gentlemen. I think we should send the same reply to the Secretary of Interior about metal detecting on the beaches and the park system.
I am trying to picture a million man metal detecting march. I see a wave of detectors swinging back and forth as the collums of the prosession slowly detects its way down the street in front of the capital. Too bad we don't have someone with the charisma of Martin Luther King to give a speech. "One day we will not be judged by the brand of our detector, but by the content of our finds bag!"
 
Butch is a great guy! I have met him and also had a cw relic of mine pictured in one of the 1st few issues. Butch is a relic hunter 1st and a mag editor 2nd. And I'm pleased to hear butch gave savage the boot! Now if we can get the show off the air we will all win. I know alot of people are saying its just trash TV, but this guy is doing more damage in a shorter time than anything! It is harder to get permission now to hunt private land than it ever was in the past, and savage is just the straw that broke the camels back!
 
This obnoxious, fat, loudmouthed douchebag and his stupid show has done more to harm my hobby than you could even imagine.
I have ALREADY been denied access to property because of 'What they do on TV."

And it will only get worse.


And if minelab wants to jump on the bandwagon to sell a few more units at the expense of the future of detecting, well screw them. They can get bent.

Maybe you got a no because of the way you talk, I would say no if a loud mouth came to my door to.
I feel bad for Rick, Sure the show is staged just like every other reality show. and if thats the way he decided to go with his hobby then so be it. I would do it in a heartbeat if I was approached by a production company. sit back and collect the checks as well as have fun.
 
Maybe you got a no because of the way you talk, I would say no if a loud mouth came to my door to.
I feel bad for Rick, Sure the show is staged just like every other reality show. and if thats the way he decided to go with his hobby then so be it. I would do it in a heartbeat if I was approached by a production company. sit back and collect the checks as well as have fun.
montanagold could be you are right . Being a loud mouth will get you no were..........I watch the show American diggers and watched Diggers...... And i enjoy the shows they entertain me....... For i know they are reality shows and .....We should know that Reality shows are not really 100% real for they have to entertain also........ I am getting to like that saying......... "Boom Baby" ... I wait for it and just before he says it i tell my wife here it comes boom baby...
 
Last edited:
bunny-dance.gif......................" BOOM BABY " ..............
 
Last edited:
I do the same thing Keppy, Once I know he finds the good item I yell boom baby before he does. My buddy and I were talking on the way up to the mining claim and he said that the last episode was the last one he could bare to watch, I said Ya there pretty hard to watch sometimes but its like an ugly chick in a bathing suit that slipped . You cant help but look.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I do the same thing Keppy, Once I know he finds the good item I yell boom baby before he does. My buddy and I were talking on the way up to the mining claim and he said that the last episode was the last one he could bare to watch, I said Ya there pretty hard to watch sometimes but its like an ugly chick in a bathing suit that slipped. You cant help but look.
Yes sir i also watch the show and get into it......... For i also yell BOOM BABY ... JUST BEFORE OR AT THE SAME TIME RICK SAVAGE YELLS IT............I know what you mean when you say ...You can't help but watch... Even though you know ..you know....
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom