What's new

This just in: Ric Savage asked to quit his column in "American Digger" magazine

Diggit

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
831
Reaction score
132
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This just in: Ric Savage asked to quit his column in "American Digger" magazine

Per facebook posts by AD Editor Butch Holcombe, Savage was asked to step down from his column in American Digger, mainly due to the magazine's concerns of the negative view caused by the TV show.
Way to go Butch!
 
Per facebook posts by AD Editor Butch Holcombe, Savage was asked to step down from his column in American Digger, mainly due to the magazine's concerns of the negative view caused by the TV show.
Way to go Butch!

I'm not surprised at all. If its true.
 
Smart move, he's a disgrace to this hobby and should have been booted. Unfortunately they'll all keep acting like fools as long as someone is cutting them checks.
 
I Don't read American Digger
But Cool ! Good to Hear
 
Heres the post:

American Digger Magazine
Some important changes at American Digger Magazine:
After much deliberation, we have decided to drop American Digger’ Magazine’s association with Rick Savage, who until this month wrote our Savage Facts column. The parting was amicable, and we appreciate his work on his column and past promotions of the magazine . We won’t lie, our dropping his association was in great part because of the controversy his TV show has created, and the confusion that American Digger Magazine had anything more than a passing association with the Spike TV series which shares our name.
Please, if you enjoy or have enjoyed American Digger Magazine in the past, continue to do so, because we will not change our format: A good digging magazine for those more concerned with historical values than market values.
We wish those connected with the show well, but had to further make a distinction between the magazine and show. We hope this helps clear things up.
Regards,
Butch Holcombe, Publisher
American Digger Magazine
 
alls I gotta say is .. THANK GOD... one less dirt digging fool off the tv..
 
alls I gotta say is .. THANK GOD... one less dirt digging fool off the tv..

Reason I said I'm not surprised is because I have met and hunted with Butch and he is a great guy he is all about metal detecting and if I were him I would of done the same thing. Good Job Butch!
 
Smart move ADM.
 
I'm glad to see that common sense is still alive somewhere!
 
.. Good move, Butch. I would dis-associate my
publication too, from the TV show and anybody involved with it.

:thumb_up:
 
Don't read it but thanks ADM
 
Well I never read the magazine, but maybe Drip Slaggage should drop from the show instead! I think maybe he is realizing people see he SUCKS and his show is FAKE just like HIS WRESTLING!
 
I wasn't aware of the publication before now.


Thank you for relaying this news, and making me aware of ADM - I'll have to go out and look for 'em. I'm 100% certain as I enjoy reading their publication, I'll keep it in the back of my mind that the staff at ADM make sensible and reasonable decisions in the best interest of promoting this hobby while preserving the collective image of all those who enjoy it.


Thank you Mr. Holcombe!
 
????? American Diggers Mag. canned him..... Minelab Praised him ....... Who knows what goes on in this world..?????
 
????? American Diggers Mag. canned him..... Minelab Praised him ....... Who knows what goes on in this world..?????


I do, but I'm not telling :laughing9:


I actually just watched my first show this week and boy was it entertaining. Nothing like watching grown men crying when they think they are getting carted off to jail :laughing7:

That one Chicago loud mouthed cop reminded me of Sipowicz, TV doesn't get better than that :laughing9:


 
And Minelabs own words were You are .... Very professional and We appreciate what you do .....Signed...Gary Schafer Minelab Americas............... Now does that mean that Savage is Professional and you all are amateur's meaning "not professional's" And can not recognize meaning "not willing to acknowledge " a pro when you see one..????????????????????????
 
And Minelabs own words were You are .... Very professional and We appreciate what you do .....Signed...Gary Schafer Minelab Americas.....


That's it. I will NEVER,EVER purchase a minelab product. F them!
 
That's it. I will NEVER,EVER purchase a minelab product. F them!
Things like this i don't under stand......... If some one at Minelab likes something you don't like............ And even though they put out a good product........ You say you will not buy there detector brand again.......... Now my main detectors are Garrett & Minelab and have been for years ............ And if some one used those brands that i did not like ..... I would not quit useing those brands........ And i see that you don't use Minelab's any way....... So i don't think minelab's worried
.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom