Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TBH, I'm surprised it's not higher.

Given our current population of ~333 million, that $68 million comes out to about $0.16 per person per year.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how much money the government throws away…
It has been reported the U.S. government has no idea how much money they have available to spend every budget cycle!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the article didn't mention was what these recycling businesses are doing with the badly damaged coins. I think banks should be responsible to replace them and work with the government/mint on their replacement. It costs way more to ship damaged coins to the mint as an individual than what you would get in replacement. Adding the cost of replacing crusty zinc cents alone would add a fortune to the cost of making them and maybe finally convincing the mint to discontinue them. Get rid of the paper dollar and two dollar bills too, and make 1 and 2 dollar coins. Makes much more economic sense.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
And I’m taxed to death
i understand your pain, especially property taxes, but for me I don't complain about federal income tax. those moneys, ESPECIALLY when going to defense or the like, is actually being pumped into the American economy. WE are building the those missiles, planes, tanks, weapons systems... that money is going into really good wages that support thousands of our families.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i understand your pain, especially property taxes, but for me I don't complain about federal income tax. those moneys, ESPECIALLY when going to defense or the like, is actually being pumped into the American economy. WE are building the those missiles, planes, tanks, weapons systems... that money is going into really good wages that support thousands of our families.
It would be nice to be able to earmark the taxes we pay to a particular government program. That would also tell them what the tax payer is most concerned with.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ha ha... as if, how would legislators get rich if they couldn't scratch backs!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread