What's new

This one is for Lorraine

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2006
Messages
2,141
Reaction score
1,237
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast, Fl
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted yesterday and picked up a TI and this interesting Silver/Gold ring with what appears to be a ruby. The gold was clean out of the water but the silver was crusted but i was still hoping for white gold or PL..... naa it was marked 925 and i couldnt get a good read on the rest.. looked like 10K. I assume the D is for the designer of the ring. I picked up a couple more finds.... just to lazy to post um lol. I wanted Lorraine to see it because it was a pain to clean and appear old to me. BUT.... i wouldnt think silver and gold would have been a combination for older jewelry.

Dew
 

Attachments

  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
Wow, wow, wow!!! Congratulations!
 
Dewcon4414, that is a beautiful ring find!

I love the design and the ruby stone...just so fine!:headbang:

You did a great job on cleaning the ring:wav:


I responded to your inquiry re: shining an item...it is in my latest post.


Lorraine
 
Last edited:
Congratulation!
 
old rubies = blood rubies - burmeise rubies
newer rubies are not deep red
garnetts are deep red and used in silver and 10k rings
 
Oh - Nice find :thumbsup:
 
Nice find .A real beauty!
 
Thanks Casper.... if its red i call it a ruby, but you are right im sure it a garnet. It had something in the ring besides .925 and 10K it might have been referencing the stone i just couldnt read it. Thanks everyone.... and than you Lorraine.

Dew
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom