This one should be easy...

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• kennedy head 1.JPG
    kennedy head 1.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 317
  • kennedy head 2.JPG
    kennedy head 2.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 313

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
http://www.epcc.edu/ftp/Homes/monicaw/borderlands/14_chamizal_dispute.htm

Near downtown El Paso, there is a section of Mexico that protrudes into the United States. This border section had been in dispute for over 100 years and was finally settled by the Chamizal Convention of August 29, 1963. The land on the Mexican side became Chamizal Park. On the US side, the a section of the Loop 375 Border Highway and the 375/110 interchange are on what was previously Mexican territory.

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
In the 1960's(?) Mexice began complaining that the Rio Grande had shifted south, an thereby increasing the land mass of El Paso while simulataniously decreasing the landmass of Juarez. Seeking to resolve the problem the U.S. and Mexico reached an agreement whereby 100 acres of land that once belonged to mexico would be returned, and the Rio Grande's boundry between the cities set with concrete so as to prevent this problem in the future. The land returned to Mexico eventually became the Chamizal National Memerial.

As for the medallion being silver, it looks like it might be although I see no such markings on it. Is there anything on the rim somewhere?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks NHBENZ.
I guess it is silver. Not quite the condition listed on the web page you referenced, but still a worthy piece!
Thanks again.
Scott
PS-I love this site!!! I check in here before I even read my e-mail!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread