What's new

This was found in Wales today What could it be?????????

Gettintoknowsomethin

Full Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
223
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach CA.
Detector(s) used
$49.99 Radio Shack
hi today we come across this thing, i found the other half a few weeks back, the other half is the same but without the loop any ideas what it is and how old its about 5 and a half cm long 2cm wide thanks /A friend in Wales found this today any help with the ID?
 

Attachments

  • index.webp
    index.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 446
Maybe part of a latch for a trunk. Or a holder for a rifle sling? Would like to see the back side.
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Gettintoknowsomethin said:
I dont know about the rifle sling as there are not too many guns in that country


Were there "not too many" guns in that country 100 years ago? How about 200? :wink:
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
could be part of a bridal or reign for horse

most likely, I have chucked a number of these away of the years
 
Upvote 0
plehbah said:
CRUSADER said:
traderoftreasures said:
could be part of a bridal or reign for horse

most likely, I have chucked a number of these away of the years

Who would "chuck" away anything washed ashore from the glorious Isle of Man?

Mind your head, Sir~!

I just want to detect the trash pit in the hedge around his yard. ;D
 
Upvote 0
I am no expert in anything, but I am a Firearms enthusiast. That does look like it could be a sling swivel assembly to me.

Just my guess.
Edited to add that its late. I no longer think it is a sling swivel. No screws going through it.
 
Upvote 0
I'll buy the latch theory. The loop would prevent opening if a lock was slipped through it. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom