What's new

This weekends shard finds

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weekend's shard finds

Well I didn't find anymore projectile points but did find these shards and a dang it or maybe a preform...either way I was excited to see it in the water but not so excited about it now...dang it! Also, found 2 marbles lol

100_8214.webp

100_8215.webp
 
Upvote 0
We're the marbles in the water too?
 
We're the marbles in the water too?

Yes but they're not artifacts and not sure how old...1 is blue and one is yellow/white. I've found marbles in the past, a couple of white ones and a broken beat up green one.

WP_20141130_002.webp

I posted a thread in the marble sub-forum to see if anyone can tell me anything about them.
 
Last edited:
Yay shards! Yay marbles! Hey- at this time of year, you did just fine. I found myself a huge piece of nada! ;) HH Yak
 
Yay shards! Yay marbles! Hey- at this time of year, you did just fine. I found myself a huge piece of nada! ;) HH Yak

I went thru a dry spell there but now I'm finding all kinds of stuff. Right now is the best time for me to creek hunt...snakes are all underground cep for a 70 degree day then I gotta watch it and the leaves have all fallen and washed downstream from the last 2 rains.
 
The leaves around here have no manners and continue to over-stay their welcome. :angry7:
 
I like the shards, I don't find many here. Marbles were my currency when I was a kid. Tony
 
You did better than me. I only found 4 flakes of rhyolite.
 
Pottery yes dangit yes and the marbles are vintage. I was marble king when I was a kid. Nobody would play me cause I always won. When I got older I got a sling shot and shot most of them at innocent animals. That's probably why they are in the creek in your area.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom