Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, did pretty decent on the boxes, although I mostly got my finds from the first 4 boxes. They held 3 90%ers and 14 40%. There was 4 enders between the 3 boxes that produced, a Reverse BENDER, Reverse 64 kennedy, and 2 40% enders as well.

Total for the week 4 90% and 22 40% from boxes, one of the 40% was my second 1976 Bicentennial silver half(non proof, in AU condition). Also scored a magicians coin, and some gold/proofs.

Today I was dumping some halves at my normal dump bank. Ran the machine first to see if anything was stuck inside, sure enough sounded like quite a few coins were in there(ikes usually, as they dont get counted by these machines). The one teller came over and was asking me why I had the machine apart and was digging inside of it, but I explained I have found ammunition inside of the machines and dont want to run my coins with that possibility... which I have numerous times. Anyways, I pocketed these coins pretty quick, some large dollars and I thought i heard and saw a silver half dollar. Could not wait to get to the car to check what I had!

I picked out 2 large dollars, and 2 halves, which is odd because I dump halves in these machines... but I did find a silver 67 half, a non silver half, non silver ike, and a 1886(P) MORGAN DOLLAR!!! Holy crap!! This is my first large 90% silver find. The only other large silver find was from almost a month ago, I picked up a 2006 ASE for 1$ at a dump bank.

This 1886 Morgan is now my oldest coin found, followed by my 1892 Columbian Exposition half dollar found in a box. I cant believe the condition it is in...

I also went on a 3 hour CWR hunt, hitting every single bank I could and buying any halves and large dollars(didnt find any large at all), and also buying up CWR dime/quarters...

The one bank had 110 in halves, with writing on the outsides, so I had a good feeling, and the wrappers looked like those old good ones!! had 5 rolls of BU bicentennials(non silver) 2 of which are not opened at all!!!! I dumped the rest. And also a roll had written on the side "65-69" So I opened this one last, and it held all of the silver!! Held 23 1967 kennedys!! Better than a solid roll, solid roll +3!! lol.

Are those 2 unopened Bicentennial rolls worth much? I would rather sell them for a profit than hold onto.

Total for CWR/Loose trip was 33 40%, my first canadian silver quarter(1962), my first 50% silver(1968 canadian dime), and 2 rosies. Not bad for 3 hours of driving around, and also the 2 hours to search it all.

Hope everyone had a good week! This definitely made up for last weeks 8 40% out of 20 boxes.

HH all

IMG_0139.JPG IMG_0140.JPG IMG_0141.JPG IMG_0142.JPG IMG_0143.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pics are only of my CWR finds and the morgan, the box finds are packed away already.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is awesome!!!!!
nice solid roll!!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a super week Infowarrior, congrats!! I haven't found a morgan dollar in circulation yet, but have found countless ikes.
hopeing your luck contunues, last week was absolutely horrible for me, 7-8 skunk half boxes with no silver to show. I should have anywhere from 7-11 more boxes coming in next week.
Thanks for sharing!

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great score on the Morgan and good boxes!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice week there info! Super score on the Morgan! I stopped asking for CWR's as of late here, I need to get back to doing some CWR runs around town, the problem is time and me not having any right now, lol. Nice week! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya no kidding maverick, I hadnt done any dedicated CWR runs in a month or so, and it really seemed to pay off, I think this coming week, im going to be hitting lots of towns near me... that was only from 2 smaller areas.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds Infowarrior! I'm craving more of that old silver, and hopefully I can get it this month with my largest volume yet. Let the good times roll right into June!
No one has asked yet, so I have to ask - aren't you worried about souring your relationship with this good dump back? What you wrote made it seem like the teller wasn't amused with a customer opening up the coin counter.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not like I broke it to open it up or unscrewed anything, you would have to see the machines to know what im talking about...

Let me ask you, would you want to dump 1k in halves into a machine with live ammunition? I have, and dont want too again

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong, I get it and I would go great lengths to get a Morgan out of a coin machine! All I'm saying is that the people that matter - the tellers and managers of the bank - might not get it even if you have a valid excuse, and that might cost you a valuable dump bank if you're not careful.
Having a customer dig through a coin machine is like having a friend dig through your fridge. There might be something really good in there that he wants to eat, and there might be some items past expiration that he would throw away for you, but he should at least ask before just letting himself in.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really, its not a big deal, like I only clear out the machine so I can dump my coins, I do see random coins inside other parts of the machine, but never grab those... just anything that can obstruct me dumping my coins... its not like I told the teller off or anything, explained what I was doing, and they went about their business, as I did mine.

HH

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh, it must not be a big deal if I'm the only one harping about it! :)
Congrats again on the finds, especially the Morgan. I've been doing some Craigslist searching for Morgans this morning, but everyone's asking for LCS prices.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that is one reason ive never bothered with large dollars, because of the premiums they carry... This is my first ever 90% large silver. I have bought ASE's and bought one for a dollar at a dump bank.

HH

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I would dump the Bicentennials, maybe you could get a couple dollars on eBay, but not worth it in my opinion.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah no kidding its not worth it... I still have them too ugh... I tried posting up on ebay a few times, got no bids at all... ah well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread