What's new

This weeks finds, 17 silvers etc.

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

This past week I found a virgin site where I dug 11 silvers, mostly Roosies and war nickels. I dug the usual clad and wheats as well. I also hit some well hunted sites and came away with 6 silvers, 1904 injun and 2 dozen wheats. One of my finds was a coin spill that had to have been walked over and passed up as modern junk more than once. I had decided to set my detector to iron reject only and dig everything that locked on. I heard the loud shallow signal in a very clad infested area and thought, ho hum, but when I flipped the sod back :o I was shocked to see multiple coins including a silver quarter.....and it wasn't a Washington. There, only 3 inches down was a 1915-D barber quarter stuck to a 1920 buffalo nickel and below that was a nice 1934 Washington and a wheat penny. The other cool find of the day was another coal scatter tag. These thin alluminum discs give a great nickel reading on the Fisher CZ. When I finally washed it off I was shocked to see "Black Star washed coal"..............the mine my grandpa worked at. ??? Thanks Manny, Doug and Mark for taking me out detecting.
 

Attachments

  • IM000965.webp
    IM000965.webp
    68.8 KB · Views: 737
  • IM000968.webp
    IM000968.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 742
  • IM000966.webp
    IM000966.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 723
Upvote 0
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

WTG Dayton Really nice haul!! :headbang: :thumbsup:
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

Nice hunting, great haul !! :icon_thumleft: :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D :D
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

Super site, congrats on a great weekend.
JDD
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the kind words.
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

super week of digs Steve
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

That's a helluva week you had! Congrats on all that silver!
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

Steve,
You find the best sites to detect!!!

SKD
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

daytondigger, that is a metal detecting knockout. It's nice to find the untouched sites, you have proven that they still exist.
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

wow, awesome finds... that is quite a haul for the week congratulations and thanks for sharing. hh
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

Nice haul of silver there man

HH Jer
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

Nice haul ! Congrats, I'm hoping to run into a site like that someday ??

TommNJ
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

wow, nice silvers. yes those virgin sites are hard to come by nowdays. mike
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

Hey D.D. I thought I had a nice site this weekend wow awsome finding those virgin sites nice digs .WTG rob :coffee2:
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

Congratulations Steve what a weeks worth of finds. Good research always seems to pay off along with skilled detecting. Your skill at detecting is only surpassed by your devotion to the hobby and the help you give all that seek it! Thanks for sharing :icon_thumright: Dayton Diggers the best club in the midwest!
 
Re: This week's finds, 17 silvers etc.

I'd say that was an awesome hunt, Steve. I could on dream of finding that much silver in one hunt. And the coins are some oldies, too :o That blk star mine tag should be a prize find as it relates to your family. Continued sucess at that place. Ron
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom