Steve L.
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Oct 11, 2008
- Messages
- 407
- Reaction score
- 23
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Vienna, ME
- Detector(s) used
- Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Folks,
It seems like my weeks are up and then down as far as keepers on the four boxes of Halves I pick up each week. Last week's results were so modest, I didn't even bother posting (the four boxes only gave up 4 keepers 2x 90%, both 1964; and 2x 40%, one 1965 and one 1969).
This week's results are much better. The total take was 7x 90% and 25x 40% -- just over 6 troy ounces of silver.
I also got your standard variety of odd clad including: one blank planchet; one nice gold plated 2000-D (that I gave away to the dump-bank Asst Manager); and a nice 1987-P NIFC.
The break-down followed by pics.
Box 1: 3x 90% (two beat-up Walkers, the dates look like 1939 and 1941, and a 1964 Kennedy); and 10x 40% (1x 1966, 6x 1967, 3x 1968-D, and 1x 1969).
Box 2: 5x 40% (1x 1967, 3x 1968-D, and 1x 1969-D.) That box also gave up the gold plated 2000-D clad Kennedy.
Box 3: 1x 90% (1964); and 5x 40% (2x 1968-D, and 3x 1969-D). This is the box that gave up the 1987-P NIFC.
Box 4: 3x 90% (all 1964 Kennedy's); and 5x 40% (3x 1967, 1x 1969-D, and a S-mint Bicentennial). This box also gave up a strange blank planchet. At first I thought it was just a slug, but the edges show the copper core and it sounds like a clad coin. I think its a mint error. More research needed on it.
If the hunting cycle holds true, next week will be a down week, we'll see! You can bet though that I'll be working through some halves again next week. But with the Christmas season upon us, mostly I'll be counting my blessings and thankful to God and my friends for the great year.
Pics follow. Best of hunting, and a happy and peaceful Holiday Season to all.
Steve
It seems like my weeks are up and then down as far as keepers on the four boxes of Halves I pick up each week. Last week's results were so modest, I didn't even bother posting (the four boxes only gave up 4 keepers 2x 90%, both 1964; and 2x 40%, one 1965 and one 1969).
This week's results are much better. The total take was 7x 90% and 25x 40% -- just over 6 troy ounces of silver.
I also got your standard variety of odd clad including: one blank planchet; one nice gold plated 2000-D (that I gave away to the dump-bank Asst Manager); and a nice 1987-P NIFC.
The break-down followed by pics.
Box 1: 3x 90% (two beat-up Walkers, the dates look like 1939 and 1941, and a 1964 Kennedy); and 10x 40% (1x 1966, 6x 1967, 3x 1968-D, and 1x 1969).
Box 2: 5x 40% (1x 1967, 3x 1968-D, and 1x 1969-D.) That box also gave up the gold plated 2000-D clad Kennedy.
Box 3: 1x 90% (1964); and 5x 40% (2x 1968-D, and 3x 1969-D). This is the box that gave up the 1987-P NIFC.
Box 4: 3x 90% (all 1964 Kennedy's); and 5x 40% (3x 1967, 1x 1969-D, and a S-mint Bicentennial). This box also gave up a strange blank planchet. At first I thought it was just a slug, but the edges show the copper core and it sounds like a clad coin. I think its a mint error. More research needed on it.
If the hunting cycle holds true, next week will be a down week, we'll see! You can bet though that I'll be working through some halves again next week. But with the Christmas season upon us, mostly I'll be counting my blessings and thankful to God and my friends for the great year.
Pics follow. Best of hunting, and a happy and peaceful Holiday Season to all.
Steve
Attachments
-
Box 1 Keepers Dec 19, 2010 Coin Hunt.webp143.2 KB · Views: 645 -
Box 2 Keepers Dec 19, 2010 Coin Hunt.webp225.1 KB · Views: 623 -
Box 3 Keepers Dec 19, 2010 Coin Hunt.webp177.8 KB · Views: 618 -
Box 4 Keepers Dec 19, 2010 Coin Hunt.webp121.8 KB · Views: 620 -
Collected Keepers Dec 19, 2010 Coin Hunt.webp105 KB · Views: 622 -
Odd Clad Keepers Dec 19, 2010 Coin Hunt.webp128.7 KB · Views: 636
Upvote
0








