What's new

thnkin about sellin my ctx 3030 plz help

mnruxpin

Sr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2013
Messages
380
Reaction score
246
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
well Ive used my ctx about 5 times all summer, i use my excal 2 a few times a week. So gonna ebay my ctx, what should I ask for it??? it has the wireless head phone and waterproof head phones extra battery pack and charger, do yall think I can get 2 grand??? how much should I start the bidding at? I wanna use the money and go on a treasure hunting vacation so need to maximize profit. any advice appreciated
 
Upvote 0
Go to ebay, do a search for "used CTX 3030" under "completed listings". This should offer you a pretty good window as to what to expect.

PS: I just did a quick search in completed listings and it looks like they're going for around $1500 - $1800 depending on package and condition.
 
Last edited:
well Ive used my ctx about 5 times all summer, i use my excal 2 a few times a week. So gonna ebay my ctx, what should I ask for it??? it has the wireless head phone and waterproof head phones extra battery pack and charger, do yall think I can get 2 grand??? how much should I start the bidding at? I wanna use the money and go on a treasure hunting vacation so need to maximize profit. any advice appreciated
. I have seen them for as little as 1350.00 on e bay recently.... You can get a brand new one in the box and get a 17 inch coil with that purchase for 1950.00. Good luck selling.

Whydah
 
well looks like ill probly lose my a$$ then, oh well, Ill start the bidding at 1500 and hope for the best. thx for help


. I have seen them for as little as 1350.00 on e bay recently.... You can get a brand new one in the box and get a 17 inch coil with that purchase for 1950.00. Good luck selling.

Whydah
 
After feebay takes their cut of the final sale, and then paypal (if using that) takes a cut, you are REALLY going to lose more than your a$$, you may lose your mind.
 
After feebay takes their cut of the final sale, and then paypal (if using that) takes a cut, you are REALLY going to lose more than your a$$, you may lose your mind.

I've sold a lot online using different sources and I have yet to sell anything on Ebay for the very reason you mention. Unless you really have something special that is in high demand, hard to find, ect., the extra exposure, which Ebay certainly has, simply isn't worth all the fees because most everyone shopping on Ebay is looking for deals. If you're in no big rush to sell your 3030 I'd try places like Craigslist and some other sources first.
 
Don't sell i becauset.......

at some point you will wish you still had it. In my opinion, it is the best all around detector.
 
I have sold on ebay many many times, although nothing in the last 9 months. I start the item at what I want for it plus 15% if I get it it sells, if I don't I keep it, I will not give it away...
 
well good advice but I already put it on there, I put the waterproof headphones seperate, takin a hit on those too, oh well, at least it finds a home and is not sitting im my bedroom collecting dust. theres no way ill ever use it again, just too much of a beach bum (:

I have sold on ebay many many times, although nothing in the last 9 months. I start the item at what I want for it plus 15% if I get it it sells, if I don't I keep it, I will not give it away...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom