What's new

Thought Banks Closed Today - Glad I went to Wal-Mart

MentalUnrest

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2010
Messages
744
Reaction score
113
Golden Thread
0
I have accounts at 4 different banks and 3 of them I was in last week said they would be closed for MLK day today. I was disappointed as I had day off today and was going to go for an all day CRH. Went to Wal-Mart which happens to be right next to the 4th bank I have an account at an lo and behold, it is open. Raced back home to get my 2K in halves and dimes and do my drops - 1k at different branches (I can't make myself do more than 1K at one bank) This bank has about 8 branches with in 20 minutes so I started my loop.

I found $95 in halves at one branch which is nearly unheard of for me - only way I ever get halves is by ordering. Got 7 40%. Went through 1K in dimes and pulled out 4 Rosies and 1 67 Canadian. Decided I would take the dive into quarters - I have always wanted to give it a go despite most members thoughts on them. In my first box I have ever done I found a 1960 in the 3rd roll! What a rush that was. Picked up 4 more boxes of quarters tonight to see what happens. Even if I do not find 1 in the next 4 boxes, I am happy with it. From posts I have read on quarters, it seems like 1 in four boxes is about average.
 
Upvote 0
I dont think its even that good. But give it a shot. I havent tried quarters yet. I have a hook for bags off the machine, so maybe ill try one. I do well with the dimes. Anyway its one more for the pile.HH
 
You may be right as far as 1 in 4 boxes being average. So far, my average is 1 per box :laughing7:
 
I've been picking up 2 rolls of quarters about every 3 days, and have been doing so for several months. I still haven't found silver!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom