Thought I had a 1877 IH and another video (clad dime)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was making videos, first target, good sound weird number, I dig a flat button, no vid. I had three videos that I made with no great finds. First one turned out to be a flattened out pumpkin ball, second, piece of folded copper, third was clad dime, then I had a good sounding target. It was giving me a four way 80, I'm thinking Capped Half Dime, I says to myself, self, video this one, then self, your jinksing yourself every time videoing theses good sounds, ha lol. So I just dig it, no vid, I'm deep can't find it, deeper still nothing on the pinpointer. I dig all the way to bottom of my leshe, get a signal, get a coin, IH, I throw it in my keeper pouch. A little while later I'm thinking, dam that would of made a good video. After that a good sound, weird number, token/badge, no vid. Haaaaa
Videos are hard to make and very time consuming.
I get home and look at the Indian and can't see anything, I'm rubbing off dirt, looking at it with my loop, get some dirt off and swear it was a 1877! I took a pic, send it to George then start to gently clean off more dirt, 1875.

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad Can't get my pix off my phone on my PC
I'll post them with the phone later, here is the video lol

Upvote 3
1453477822536.jpg
1453477845200.jpg
1453477874475.jpg
1453477899982.jpg

" Just a clad dime...sigh...". Sorry but I had to laugh when I heard that:laughing7:
I think we have all been there. I usually just dig and then think " I wish I had video'ed that " lol.
Man that sandy soil looks great.

Still nice to get any 70s Indians. I've found a lot of Indians over the yrs. 600 in the past 10 yrs alone and cannot find the 77.

It's a tough one to come by. I hope I can locate one before I'm to old

HH Jer

Thanks for my daily detecting fix video Brad. :notworthy: My fingers are crossed and hope you pull the elusive 1877 IH. 8-)

I recon I was really lucky to dig one in my second season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back