What's new

Thought I had found an old bell...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
8,838
Reaction score
9,870
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne County, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...but it wasn't, darn it! Says India 10/2. 72 PJ
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439513539.354946.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439513575.793269.webp
 
Upvote 30
That's India 10/2. 1872 8-)
 
Keep it by your lounge chair, ring it when you ready for a refill:laughing7:, Good luck. Nice find

I guess I should file the sharp edges off then...so it doesn't hurt so much when she shoves it...:laughing7:
 
I keep a few buckets in the garage to sort out scrap metal. That would go nicely into the brass bucket.
 
Hey OD, don't feel bad, you certainly aren't alone! I have two of those Indian bells.. I too was expecting something older and more local. I think mine probably came off a more modern wind chime... O well. I still didn't toss em out tho. It's still better than a flip top! lol
 
You guys are making me laugh out loud at a funeral home.
 
Now, ya see, Old Dude, it's all in the perspective. The trouble isn't that the bell wasn't "old". It's that your perspective has changed in gaining years. Even if it is 1972, being as old as you are you still think of 1972 as being just back around that corner. Do you realize!?!?! That is almost a HALF CENTURY ago!?!?! :clock:

:)
 
20141130_154117.webp

I found that bell where I found my Spanish Real

Your bell is a good find,
 
Nice brass bell, sure beats zincs! Is that a clapper in the crap'er, or the plumber always rings twice?

Lol! Where do you get these pictures!

Cjon find her another bling thing.
 

I agree with Scrappy Dave, Id' tumble it to within an inch of it's life and hang it on the Christmas tree! :laughing7:

It's still a nice find,
Dave
 
Nice bell. Better toss some bleach in that crapper [emoji16]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
at least it didn't say 'made in china'
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom