What's new

Thought on Ebay for selling silvers

Pirate Hunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Fist if I get a few mails telling me to be quiet on the subject I will delete it.

Second I was looking around Ebay and found this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roll-of-Frankli...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

First I find the bidders names really weird. They are all the same pretty much. Second I want to analyze profit out of it.

Auction ended at:

$126.51 and that includes free shipping.

I will guess that there are $16.51 in charges(Paypal, Ebay and shipping). Yes this is high but I am just trying to assume the worst. So there is $110 for the seller.

Price of Silver 90% is $5.082 today(Per CoinInfo.com). So if he is a CRHer like everyone here then he paid $10 for the Halves.

So technically he made a $110 profit or $5.50 per coin. So he made .418 cents over the closing price today. For a normal person the price of silver would have to be around $15.25 for us to make that type of profit. ($15.25 × .0321507466 × 12.5 × .90) = $5.52.

I know from reading threads most people here are hoarders of 90%ers but minus that if the goal is profit I dont see anything wrong with making a profit way above the closing price of the day(almost $1.25 above).

The other thing is the names of the bidders. Is someone buying up silver? But if they are why are they bidding against each other?

Thoughts?
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
If the seller was a CRH'er he made a ggod profit, but the buyer got a good deal too, as I know that Franklin halves sell for a premium over Kennedys.
 
eBay masks the bidders with a random designation (t**n, r**s, etc.) If you were a bidder, then you would see your actual profile name in the bidder list. The seller can see all bidders.
 
Diver_Down said:
eBay masks the bidders with a random designation (t**n, r**s, etc.) If you were a bidder, then you would see your actual profile name in the bidder list. The seller can see all bidders.

Its been awhile since I searched ebay. Guess I should read up on some of the changes.
 
ummm what is the point here ? its just one auction....last year when silver was 20 an oz i was selling englehard 1 oz bars for 28,,,,,,,,sometimes you can do well and other times you just break even....thats why i try to make a couple of bucks on shipping
 
hit80s said:
ummm what is the point here ? its just one auction....last year when silver was 20 an oz i was selling englehard 1 oz bars for 28,,,,,,,,sometimes you can do well and other times you just break even....thats why i try to make a couple of bucks on shipping

I was just trying to figure out other peoples thoughts on selling on Ebay. It seems that you can sell for a premium on Ebay and its a good way to make money instead of selling to dealers.

A couple other completed auctions:

19 for $123
20 for $149.50
20 for $132.50
20 for $129.50

and the list goes on.
 
The 90 %s have been selling for a premium for quite some time since silver fell from the 20.00/oz level ... when they were only worth 3.00 or so they were still selling for 5/ea on the net .
 
I pick ebay over coin dealers any day. The nearest coin shop where I live is about $20.00 worth of gas and it's much cheaper to sell on ebay. I watch 90% kennedy's go for 125.00 on average 40% 35.00 on average on ebay (per roll).
 
I've done well selling on ebay. I get more than coin shops offer ALL the time. I haven't sold my CRH coins, but I've sold silver and gold eagles and other silver and gold. YOu get close to retail on ebay, and sometimes MORE than retail if someone wants it badly, and from coin shops you get wholesale or even a little less.

And when the $50 copper penny bags were selling for $130 last summer, that was awesome. Coin shops would give you no premium. Just $50 for $50 bag. But ebay was $130, thanks to the price of copper. :-)
 
I heard there's alot of fraud chargeback through Paypal recently, also heard you can't not take paypal anymore.
You all be careful out there. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom