Three hours at a new permission and almost 2 silvers!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a new permission this afternoon for three hours and wasted the first two hours working an area that had been filled in at some time in the past and was loaded with trash. I finally got smart and moved to another place on the property and started doing much better. Much less trash and deeper signals. Found an old pocket knife that is really toasted, a harmonica reed, 2 clad quarters, several Memorial cents, a Canadian penny, a 1946 Rosie, A piece of costume jewelry missing 2 stones, and what I thought was going to be my 2nd silver for the day. When I turned over the plug and saw the size and a reeded edge, I almost had palpitations. I thought I had found a Franklin, or a Walker but it turned out to be a Kings Dominion Token. Oh well, maybe next time! I also found what appears to be a large really toasted copper coin. I can just barely see writing along one edge, but can't make out what it says with a visor or loop. Any ideas? IMG_3033.JPG IMG_3034.JPG IMG_3035.JPG IMG_3036.JPG IMG_3037.JPG All in all I had a good day when I moved out of the trashy area. Can't wait to get back out as I have barely scratched the surface to speak. Happy hunting.

Upvote 2

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's do disappointing when you realize a good looking spot has been backfilled! Good job on making some nice finds.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Congrats on the Rosie. Thanks for sharing.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice early roosie, I bet that kings dominion token got the heart pounding at first!, hate it when that happens lol!!
next time itll be a silver half!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's do disappointing when you realize a good looking spot has been backfilled! Good job on making some nice finds.

The AT Pro absolutely hated fill. It was always noisy and seemed to false a lot. I haven't had the opportunity to use the F75 enough yet to know how it will be. Hopefully much better though.
Nice finds. Harmonica reeds are always good finds...you know there is the potential for good relics or coins when you see a reed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread