What's new

Three Items

GroundS.KeepeR

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
872
Reaction score
213
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Need :help: with these.. :
 

Attachments

  • Dug Items 002.webp
    Dug Items 002.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 454
What does the first item say on it?
 
Upvote 0
GroundS.KeepeR said:
72cheyenne said:
What does the first item say on it?
New Brown Motel / Mcminnville<town i live in / #358

I thought it said Hotel or Motel. It is a Room key tag, probably either room 358 or third floor room 58. I have no idea on the second or third pieces though, although the third piece looks strangely familiar.
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
GroundS.KeepeR said:
72cheyenne said:
What does the first item say on it?
New Brown Motel / Mcminnville<town i live in / #358

I thought it said Hotel or Motel. It is a Room key tag, probably either room 358 or third floor room 58. I have no idea on the second or third pieces though, although the third piece looks strangely familiar.
Thanks .Do you know if it would be worth anything? Or should i just give to the people that do the history of our city?
 
Upvote 0
GroundS.KeepeR said:
72cheyenne said:
GroundS.KeepeR said:
72cheyenne said:
What does the first item say on it?
New Brown Motel / Mcminnville<town i live in / #358

I thought it said Hotel or Motel. It is a Room key tag, probably either room 358 or third floor room 58. I have no idea on the second or third pieces though, although the third piece looks strangely familiar.
Thanks .Do you know if it would be worth anything? Or should i just give to the people that do the history of our city?

Usually they are not worth anything monetarily unless it was something from a very well known place, although there are collectors for this type of exonumia. I would say it is priceless to the history of your city though. I always make sure that anything I find that is related to my town gets its proper recognition and display for the locals. You should be able to find out quite a bit about that hotels history to go along with your key tag. :thumbsup: Great find, BTW. :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
GroundS.KeepeR said:
72cheyenne said:
GroundS.KeepeR said:
72cheyenne said:
What does the first item say on it?
New Brown Motel / Mcminnville<town i live in / #358

I thought it said Hotel or Motel. It is a Room key tag, probably either room 358 or third floor room 58. I have no idea on the second or third pieces though, although the third piece looks strangely familiar.
Thanks .Do you know if it would be worth anything? Or should i just give to the people that do the history of our city?
Usually they are not worth anything monetarily unless it was something from a very well known place, although there are collectors for this type of exonumia. I would say it is priceless to the history of your city though. I always make sure that anything I find that is related to my town gets its proper recognition and display for the locals. You should be able to find out quite a bit about that hotels history to go along with your key tag. :thumbsup: Great find, BTW. :headbang:
And my name on a tag right below the display case :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
The star tag is awesome :headbang:
The 3rd item reminds me of the old 'roll off' food tin lids.
I remember Canadian Salmon, as well as Sardines (from Sardinia :-\ ) in them.

Is that two separate items in Item 2, or is it pics of front and back?

Mike
 
Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
The star tag is awesome :headbang:
The 3rd item reminds me of the old 'roll off' food tin lids.
I remember Canadian Salmon, as well as Sardines (from Sardinia :-\ ) in them.

Is that two separate items in Item 2, or is it pics of front and back?

Mike
#2 is 2 separate items #3 in the picture yes it does look to be off a sardine can ..but to thick 4 that. lol
 
Upvote 0
Great find! :icon_thumright: I love finding local items like that. Here is a hotel baggage tag that I found this past year. These things depending on age, place, & rarity could be worth some big bucks. From my understanding these were attached to your luggage.
 

Attachments

  • sd card total 119.webp
    sd card total 119.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 388
Upvote 0
May I say - love your avatar GK ;D I remember catching snowflakes as a kid :icon_thumleft:
Please, could you take some pics of the unidentified finds, with a darkish background, if possible in Natural light and with the same steady hand we see in the pre-displayed pics :headbang:

Cheers, Mike
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Item #2 is a 'Lady of Ill Repute' . .. . lol . .an old hoe. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
May I say - love your avatar GK ;D I remember catching snowflakes as a kid :icon_thumleft:
Please, could you take some pics of the unidentified finds, with a darkish background, if possible in Natural light and with the same steady hand we see in the pre-displayed pics :headbang:

Cheers, Mike
Thanks on the avatar comment! Here's the new pics!
 

Attachments

  • Stuff 027.webp
    Stuff 027.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 273
Upvote 0
GroundS.KeepeR said:
Breezie said:
Item #2 is a 'Lady of Ill Repute' . .. . lol . .an old hoe. Breezie
So #2 is an old garden Hoe ..Correct?

It looks like a small garden hoe with the tip end broken off. Nice finds, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
GroundS.KeepeR said:
Breezie said:
Item #2 is a 'Lady of Ill Repute' . .. . lol . .an old hoe. Breezie
So #2 is an old garden Hoe ..Correct?

#2 looks brass? Does it have the kind of heft a hoe would? And by "hoe," I mean the cultivating kind.
 
Upvote 0
kyphote said:
GroundS.KeepeR said:
Breezie said:
Item #2 is a 'Lady of Ill Repute' . .. . lol . .an old hoe. Breezie
So #2 is an old garden Hoe ..Correct?

#2 looks brass? Does it have the kind of heft a hoe would? And by "hoe," I mean the cultivating kind.
It looks to me like both ends snapped...they are curved ..heres another pic/both ends? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • mmmmm 002.webp
    mmmmm 002.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom