What's new

Three Items

GroundS.KeepeR

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
872
Reaction score
213
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Need :help: with these.. :
 

Attachments

  • Dug Items 002.webp
    Dug Items 002.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 454
Breezie said:
GroundS.KeepeR said:
Breezie said:
Item #2 is a 'Lady of Ill Repute' . .. . lol . .an old hoe. Breezie
So #2 is an old garden Hoe ..Correct?

It looks like a small garden hoe with the tip end broken off. Nice finds, Breezie
Im kinda thinking garden hoe also..at 1st i thought mabe they fit together some how ..I found them about 6ft apart from each other..Thanks
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
GroundS.KeepeR said:
72cheyenne said:
What does the first item say on it?
New Brown Motel / Mcminnville<town i live in / #358

Also if you look real close around the hole at the top there might be a makers name stamped in it real small. http://www.tagtown.net/makers.html
Thanks Mike i looked no markers were visable..Bad thing is i almost named this a chinese star! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
GroundS.KeepeR said:
Breezie said:
Item #2 is a 'Lady of Ill Repute' . .. . lol . .an old hoe. Breezie
So #2 is an old garden Hoe ..Correct?
Awful tiny for a hoe dont you think. ??? Also a hoe would be steel. My very wild guess would be vanes from a dart or childs throwing toy bomb or rocket. :-\

The new stuff027 picture is great. :icon_thumright: The colored background really helps an autofocus lens. The last item may have held a paper ID card.
 
Upvote 0
They appear too thick, but could possibly be shoulder epaulets, maybe? No. 3 could be from the Civil War, as the troops used a great many things in tin/metal boxes, hardtack for one. The wire on top makes me think it could possibly be in that category! Great finds, nonetheless! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Regards, Skypilot
 
Upvote 0
Thanks GK for the new pics :icon_thumleft:
It is amazing the difference in detail to be seen :headbang:

Could the #2's be arrow heads?

Cheers Mate, Mike
 
Upvote 0
#2 is the bottom portion of each side of a broken brass stirrup. The design, shape, and size are all correct for that to be what it is. Here is a similar one--unfortunately there is no side view, but you get the idea.

I actually think I have a piece that is almost identical to the ones you dug somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it out.



-Buckles
 

Attachments

  • stirrup.webp
    stirrup.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
#2 is the bottom portion of each side of a broken brass stirrup. The design, shape, and size are all correct for that to be what it is. Here is a similar one--unfortunately there is no side view, but you get the idea.

I actually think I have a piece that is almost identical to the ones you dug somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it out.



-Buckles
You know i think you are right!! Thanks Buckle..
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom