Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Actually FORTY SOMETHING Reasons to MD Before Sunrise

This morning I went to Huntington City Beach and MD between 5:00AM-8:00AM. I've been wanting to MD the beach area across Pacific Coast Highway from the Hyatt Regency Hotel.

I had a really loud signal about 5:30AM within 5-feet from a fire pit that I thought was a aluminum can. I made a shallow 3" deep swing with the scoop and had a Apple iPod in the scoop (the battery is dead, need to pick up an iPad adapter to see if there is any contact information on it).

Then within about 20 minutes within 8-feet from another fire pit, I thought that I was seeing things, and there was $20 just laying on top of the sand. When I picked it up, I noticed there was two $20 bills. I yelled out, Holy Crap 40 Bucks!! And my dog just stared at me. My thinking is that every beach is a dog beach before 8AM.

Then around 7:00AM, I found a pair of sunglasses sticking out of the sand within a couple of feet of another fire pit. Today, every time I had a nickel or pull tab signal, I said to my self as I scooped, Come-On Ring! But no rings today.

I'm a firm believer on hitting the beaches to MD before first light. Some of my best finds were made before sun up. I was thinking this area would be good because of the foot bridge over PCH from the Hyatt Regency. In the three hours I MD this morning, I never made it away from the back of the beach. I still need to hit the wide area between the fire pits and the water.

When I look at other people's finds on TNet, I thought it would be great to see the surrounding area they were MD'ing, so from now on I will take area pictures where I make my finds. And no, I could care less if someone local goes to the area I was just at. In SoCal there is Too Many Beaches and Not Enough Time to hit them all.

Thanks For Looking ... Enjoy the Hunt

P1030811.JPG -- KIMG0056.jpg -- KIMG0055.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 9

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Cash! :occasion14:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice way to spend the morning.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a good morning! You got bling bling in paper form! Looks like the beach cleaning machine was there bright and early too ! Tire tracks.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done and who doesn't love pictures of scenery

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang. love those Jacksons

Sweet Cash! :occasion14:

Nice way to spend the morning.

You had a good morning! You got bling bling in paper form! Looks like the beach cleaning machine was there bright and early too ! Tire tracks.

Well done and who doesn't love pictures of scenery

Thanks for all your comments

The iPod Touch works. I purchased an iPod cable and charged it up. I found an email address for which I believe is the owner. I know one thing, the person that owns this is Chinese and lives in Riverside, CA, which is 50 miles from Huntington Beach. You can see the translator App from Chinese to English on the home page. I guess you don't list phone numbers in a devise that can't call out.
I also emailed someone they listed as "Mom", so we'll see what happens.

P1030818.JPG -- P1030821.JPG

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the cash, and best of luck on the return.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$40 on the beach is an excellent find, no doubt about it. Hope you can return the IPOD Touch. I wouldn't worry about people knowing my spot is it was a beach that size. No one is gonna cover it completely alone. Just aint gonna happen.

HH.

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you had a nice breakfast with the Jackson's! Lol nice trip!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread