What's new

Three silver hunt tonight

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to the church tonight where I dug in excess of 30 indians last year with only one period silver to show for it. Scored one crusty 1884 as well as the 1927 merc at only 1". Don't know how I didn't get my coil over that in the past. Also got the shallow fancy brooch? in the same area. I think I missed this area before and the older targets were shallow due to tree stump removal or utility work or something

I then went to a park that is full of deep early clad:BangHead: Went to a nearby 1949 school for 10 wheats, war nickel, and 1919 merc.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    725 KB · Views: 151
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    197.2 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 38
Good job. Wish I had a site like that now.

Thanks. As you know three silver days are very rare for me. Shouldn't be a problem for you. Probably 50 pre 1965 schools within 10 miles of you
 
Silver for me is a hard find also Ann Arbor was founded in 1824 not a big population then so not the same history as some of the places where people are finding 1600s and 1700s coins ect I have hundreds of wheats Great job! I like going after rain seems to give a little more ground depth, Keep it up!!!!!!!
 
Bodacious bunch of coins - broach & Mercs "congrats" on your finds and thank you posting your pictures & story & wish you many more while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED
 
Nice silver man

Your having a nice season. I located a picnic grove yrs ago that gave up about 150 Indians and only about 20 silver coins if that. Sometimes those sites I think get cherry picked over the yrs

keep up the good work

HH Jer
 
Nice hunts man, congrats on the silvers
 
Nice job on the silvers Toasted.
 
Nice finds, congratulations!
 
Congrats on the triple! They are tough to come by in my neck of the woods too.

Well played sir!
 
Congratz on a nice Silver haul!
 
Ahhhhh Sweet Silver!! Congrats and HH
 
A three silver day is a good day any day!! Congrats!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom