Threshold vs Silent Search

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My only real dislike on my AT Pro is no threshold. I don't understand why any mid-range detector wouldn't at least have the ability for a threshold.

For me I like to hear the ground I'm working. I like to hear those extremely deep targets that can only be a very slight rise in the threshold. I like to hear the threshold drop indicating my detector is rejecting trash.

OP
OP
M

Mezrein503

Jul 7, 2010
Hillboro
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you get a little more in depth. I'm not quite even sure how it works or why it works or what exactly it does other than make that humming sound and the manual I have for my detector doesnt go into that much depth about it either.

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How it(threshold) allows more depth is on those deep targets that your detector can just see. Going from silent to a hear-able sound takes a stronger signal than it takes to slightly raise an already present threshold.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heartily agree with digger,, The hum is easy to get used too and a slight change is noticible,, if the target is deep enough the detector cannot even tell if its silver or iron, but you can decide if you want to dig it because you know it's there. FYI I have found coins because of this,, My xlt seems to discriminate a little better when I swing it faster(when target is deep) so I hear a change, swing it a little faster, check the depth and then decide. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread