24.2 KB · Views: 964
  • IMG_5383.JPG
    IMG_5383.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 987
  • IMG_5381.JPG
    IMG_5381.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 983
Historyhound said:
Nice find. Appears to be a $75 book, unsigned, with the dust cover.

Thanks, have some interest in the book. Considering $60 since the dust-jacket is missing. :thumbsup:

Historyhound said:
Nice find. Appears to be a $75 book, unsigned, with the dust cover.

Is that price for a 1st printing or a 6th printing?

NJ

I believe that price is for a first run book, found several available both signed/unsigned. Since the book I found is in its
sixth printing it would have been worth only a few dollars, the auto is its only redeeming factor.

No hurry to sell this book, the interested party had met the author and had a book (different title) signed by her and wants a "replacement". :wink:

RON (PA) said:
She was a real author, not pen name....I have no idea on the price. Hopefully the society listed on the page cane be of some help....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maud_Hart_Lovelace

That's an interesting read. Three things stand out right off the bat:

First, she left the University of Minn. and lived with her grandmother in CA "to recover from an appendectomy." That's the kind of thing you had to say back in 1910 or so, when you "got in trouble from a boy".

Secondly, she wrote about "a fictional town in Minnesota". Does that ring a bell? You know, "where all the women are strong, all the men are good lookin', and all the children are above average."

Lastly, Her "first four books increase in reading difficulty so that the child can grow up along with"...the main character. Any alumni of Hogwarts should know of whom I'm thinking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back