Thursday Finds xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
At last the Fields are being harvested so we headed off into the stubble. We spent lots of time in this field last year with the garrets, so the challenge was on… 1 detecting in stubble… not my favourite terrain…. 2 what can the Deus find and 3 it looks like rain… but it looks like rain every day… so off we went 😂

Yes, I found a quarter hammered… initial I’d King John… 1199… but we could be wrong! Then a horses leg 😳a few buttons, musket ball and one of those lead headed nails.. and 2 very shoddy pre dec coins! After A crappy day at work….am so grateful to be able to detect in this beautiful place xx

IMG_8299.jpeg
IMG_8300.jpeg
IMG_8302.jpeg
IMG_8303.jpeg
IMG_8304.jpeg
IMG_8305.jpeg
IMG_8294.jpeg
IMG_8297.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 24

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright. congrats.
I'm going to quit trying to make sense out of it using math.
So , E.T.O. above throws out 800 years... i should go lay down and wait for the woozy feeling to quit.

Egads!
[ˌēˈɡad]

EXCLAMATION
ARCHAIC
  1. expressing surprise, anger, or affirmation.
  2. Wow!
  3. Dang!
  4. What a hunt!
Not aware of what goes for crops and fields there really. It they disc , or drill , or burn, or what.
IF there's a certain window those stalks are down it would be pounce time!
(No , don't quit your employ and sell all you own and become a wanderer detecting ....)

Great pictures. Lots of historic ground too!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet 1/4 cut silver.
Oh you're on your game when you get them in the stubble.
That leg is showing a lot of thigh.
Looking at the huge sparse of stubble, you're going to be busy for many evenings.

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

blossom

its always a joy seeing your posts. You quite frequently have amazing finds and stuff i will never see here across the pond. i always love to see the couple photos at the end. They usually set the scene of your sites or are of something beautiful you have come across in nature. The only qualm i have is with the pictures of your finds. Im not sure if you are editing them to much, adding way to much contrast or some sort of sharping effect. But something is wrong. They seem blurry and hard to see real detail in. Which is so weird to me, because those last few photos in every post are the complete opposite. Sharp and beautiful! Maybe it is an image size problem. Like you output them into a small image aspect ratio and then when you post them here you hit full image and that smaller image gets blown up. so detail is bad, im not sure. As a photographer it just makes me cringe a little. Especially when you have such great finds and i see the beautiful shots at the end, so i know you are capable of taking a good photo. So not sure what's up. Maybe its because they have to travel through the trans Atlantic cable to get here. lol
If you want some pointers or want to run me through your process feel free to PM me.
Just a concerned citizen here that's all. keep on keeping on. ✊

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At last the Fields are being harvested so we headed off into the stubble. We spent lots of time in this field last year with the garrets, so the challenge was on… 1 detecting in stubble… not my favourite terrain…. 2 what can the Deus find and 3 it looks like rain… but it looks like rain every day… so off we went 😂

Yes, I found a quarter hammered… initial I’d King John… 1199… but we could be wrong! Then a horses leg 😳a few buttons, musket ball and one of those lead headed nails.. and 2 very shoddy pre dec coins! After A crappy day at work….am so grateful to be able to detect in this beautiful place xx

View attachment 2097398 View attachment 2097399 View attachment 2097400 View attachment 2097401 View attachment 2097402 View attachment 2097403 View attachment 2097404 View attachment 2097405
Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds

blossom

its always a joy seeing your posts. You quite frequently have amazing finds and stuff i will never see here across the pond. i always love to see the couple photos at the end. They usually set the scene of your sites or are of something beautiful you have come across in nature. The only qualm i have is with the pictures of your finds. Im not sure if you are editing them to much, adding way to much contrast or some sort of sharping effect. But something is wrong. They seem blurry and hard to see real detail in. Which is so weird to me, because those last few photos in every post are the complete opposite. Sharp and beautiful! Maybe it is an image size problem. Like you output them into a small image aspect ratio and then when you post them here you hit full image and that smaller image gets blown up. so detail is bad, im not sure. As a photographer it just makes me cringe a little. Especially when you have such great finds and i see the beautiful shots at the end, so i know you are capable of taking a good photo. So not sure what's up. Maybe its because they have to travel through the trans Atlantic cable to get here. lol
If you want some pointers or want to run me through your process feel free to PM me.
Just a concerned citizen here that's all. keep on keeping on. ✊
Interesting… and please, dont be concerned!! 😊… I only use my iphone and a light box … and dont mess with the settings etc .. ! But thank you for the offer 👍

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting… and please, dont be concerned!! 😊… I only use my iphone and a light box … and dont mess with the settings etc .. ! But thank you for the offer 👍
I'm always really impressed by the quality of your light box images.
Just how do you set up for those field shots-I want to see that light box (must be huge) :laughing7:

Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 7.33.40 AM.png

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds! Your growing season seems to be about a month ahead of us. Maybe two. So, you have until next March to clean out that field? Oh my! Please detect it every day because I love love love the castle!!!!! 🥰 congratulations you two. You have a wonderful permission there!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the cool silver finds! Great story, great photos. Thanks again for the story behind the finds and pictures!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a Short-Cross series of a cut Quarter but as your only clue is the Moneyer;

[WI]LLEL[M]

This doesn't narrow it at all, as he is a Common name over many Mints & all of the Short-Cross Kings;
Henry II, Richard, John, Henry III.

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
It is a Short-Cross series of a cut Quarter but as your only clue is the Moneyer;

[WI]LLEL[M]

This doesn't narrow it at all, as he is a Common name over many Mints & all of the Short-Cross Kings;
Henry II, Richard, John, Henry III.
Ah thanks Crusader…I believe it is our first short cross so very happy to have saved it! 😆 xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions