Thursday on the river

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my first post ,managed 2 hours on the river on Thursday not much but still managed a large silver victoria penny,yesterday finds still soaking in a bucket and todays one still in the backpack

RR

pit2.jpg
pit1.jpg

Upvote 7

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to posting & todays finds, I notice you have been a long term member but first time posting pictures.

I have my Thames Permit but I don't get to use it as much as I would like. I thought the Deus would be far too powerful for the Thames? I used a Silver Sabre with 4inch coil, even then I decided scrapping got better results. Continued good luck!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Good pictures too congrats!

OP
OP
Rivers rat

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the war welcome crusader years ago i have been told no high frequency tesoro on the river(cibola,rejoin,vaquero,lobo) well i found enough gold with my tejon to get a deus..........the deus is very good for spot where you can unleash it! GB at 80 and sens a 85 up to 97!!!!!then it becomes a depth demon on "cleaner "Spots....gpt a SS2 with audio boost as well lovely machine!and still finding the goodies after 25 +odd years

RR

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is that a pewter whistle ? Man that's a lot of relics in 3 days and some interesting ones also.vanzutphen

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love those finds

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does one acquire a Thames permit and can an American tourist get permission to hunt it alongside his British brothers?

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rivers Rat , You got my attention with your reference to a " large silver Victoria penny" I know about large Victoria penny's -
I'm confused about the silver reference here ? I'm thinking you guys also minted a tiny silver 1 pence during Victoria's reign ?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the war welcome crusader years ago i have been told no high frequency tesoro on the river(cibola,rejoin,vaquero,lobo) well i found enough gold with my tejon to get a deus..........the deus is very good for spot where you can unleash it! GB at 80 and sens a 85 up to 97!!!!!then it becomes a depth demon on "cleaner "Spots....gpt a SS2 with audio boost as well lovely machine!and still finding the goodies after 25 +odd years

RR

So, I guess you staying, its good on clearer spots. Thanks for the tips & I would have never of thought of using the Deus.

Here's a funny story;
I don't visit the Thames very often but on one of those rare occasions, someone snapped a picture of me & put it in Treasure Hunting Mag. Even stranger, is I stopped buying this Mag in 2006, but when my Dad was on holiday, he was looking through the Mag off the shelf & spotted me, so then he had to buy it! The odds were pretty crazy!

Attachments

• Me on Thames.jpg
    Me on Thames.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I guess you staying, its good on clearer spots. Thanks for the tips & I would have never of thought of using the Deus.

Here's a funny story;
I don't visit the Thames very often but on one of those rare occasions, someone snapped a picture of me & put it in Treasure Hunting Mag. Even stranger, is I stopped buying this Mag in 2006, but when my Dad was on holiday, he was looking through the Mag off the shelf & spotted me, so then he had to buy it! The odds were pretty crazy!
I had a bet going that you detected with a Roman chainmail shirt on..guess I lost :laughing7:

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Rivers rat. I love the pipe bowls and Westerwald stoneware. Have you ever found any whole onion bottles or whole stoneware or pottery pieces?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That old whistle was the first thing to catch my eye,sa-weet find!be carefull getting the dirt out.I bet it still works.nice digs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread