Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tigershark is an excellent freshwater detector. It is completely waterproof down to a depth of 200 feet. -
I've had mine down at least 140 feet and never had any leaks. Your Excalibur is excellent wherever there is iron. It will null on iron and the threshold will change tone but it will still sound off on good targets. If the tone bothers you, just move coil toward the scoop.

Good Luck,
Sandman

OP
OP
bluediamounds 55

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tigershark is an excellent freshwater detector. It is completely waterproof down to a depth of 200 feet. -
I've had mine down at least 140 feet and never had any leaks. Your Excalibur is excellent wherever there is iron. It will null on iron and the threshold will change tone but it will still sound off on good targets. If the tone bothers you, just move coil toward the scoop.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Yes the excal does very well finding the gold with discriminate the iron how well does the tiger shark do at discriminating the iron and finding the gold compared to the excal

OP
OP
bluediamounds 55

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there another machine that is comparable to the excal that will discriminate iron with no threshold and is a water machine thanks

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted for six years with my Tiger Shark. Discrimination mode is silent search, which allows me to listen for the smallest signals and pull tiny gold rings and stud earrings. My friend hunts with an Excal and some of these tiny pieces don't even sound with his machine.

The Tiger Shark is also light enough to be comfortable using for shoreline or even land hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread