What's new

Time to buy

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
1,024
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
When the amounts i get searching its not enough to fufill my desire for silver and the price dips i look for coins at a decent price.
 
Upvote 0
quiksilver said:
When the amounts i get searching its not enough to fufill my desire for silver and the price dips i look for coins at a decent price.

Nothing wrong with that.Myself I don't buy silver anymore,but I did,on a weekly basis before I started CRH. Silver was very cheap then. I'd just buy Eagles,Maple Leafs,common Morgan / Peace Dollars, and lots of junk silver.
HH
Rich
 
quiksilver said:
When the amounts i get searching its not enough to fufill my desire for silver and the price dips i look for coins at a decent price.
I hear ya QS, my problem is finding anything lower than 13 X face, even when prices dip down a buck or two. Even Craigslist buyers are offering 12.5 X face. ffd
 
I agree. But I think the price may dip a little more so hold off for a day or two. Of course, I could be very wrong. ;D
 
Ya i procrastinated when the price went down to 15 and missed out , half the story of my investment strategy ,the other half is selling right b4 a price increase. Gotta love CRHin tho , so far it has been very enjoyable.
 
sometimes even with a price dip
the actual price advertised by dealers, etc is not reflective
I've found that craigslist can sometimes offer better deals
but, then again, once you actually lay eyes on the merchandise, it may not be that "worthwhile"
 
quiksilver said:
Ya i procrastinated when the price went down to 15 and missed out , half the story of my investment strategy ,the other half is selling right b4 a price increase. Gotta love CRHin tho , so far it has been very enjoyable.

Yup. That's the story of my life too. It seems like I've been five years too late to the party all of my life. I got into the stock market for the first time right as the bubble burst. Five years earlier everyone I knew was making money hand over fist and couldn't lose. Being a poor college kid at the time I didn't have any money to invest so I missed out on some very lucrative years. As soon as I got enough money saved up to get into the market everything tanked and hasn't really recovered since. And now the cycle repeats itself with silver. I got into silver when the price was $16-$18. Five years earlier the price was at $7! Ouch!

I've got a bunch of cash sitting in a checking account doing nothing and I've got no where to put it! CD rates are crappy; the market is unstable; I feel that gold is overvalued right now; real estate has become very speculative; and I've already bought a lot of silver in the $16-$18 range so I'm hesitant to buy more at the same rate. :help:
 
mts said:
quiksilver said:
Ya i procrastinated when the price went down to 15 and missed out , half the story of my investment strategy ,the other half is selling right b4 a price increase. Gotta love CRHin tho , so far it has been very enjoyable.

Yup. That's the story of my life too. It seems like I've been five years too late to the party all of my life. I got into the stock market for the first time right as the bubble burst. Five years earlier everyone I knew was making money hand over fist and couldn't lose. Being a poor college kid at the time I didn't have any money to invest so I missed out on some very lucrative years. As soon as I got enough money saved up to get into the market everything tanked and hasn't really recovered since. And now the cycle repeats itself with silver. I got into silver when the price was $16-$18. Five years earlier the price was at $7! Ouch!

I've got a bunch of cash sitting in a checking account doing nothing and I've got no where to put it! CD rates are crappy; the market is unstable; I feel that gold is overvalued right now; real estate has become very speculative; and I've already bought a lot of silver in the $16-$18 range so I'm hesitant to buy more at the same rate. :help:

MTS,
I don't think you can go wrong with the right type of rental real estate. If you can find a decent rental at a good price you can establish a nice cash flow for your investment. Again its not the cakewalk that some will make it out to be but if you are diligent and don't mind doing the upfront work yourself you can make out very well. I have been doing it for over 10 years now and it provides a decent return.
 
AGCoinHunter,

Yeah, rental property can be a real money maker. My father in law has made a lot of money on it over the years. But he recently got rid of all of his properties. Luckily he got rid of them a couple of years ago before real estate tanked in the area. I know that he made good money but he also had a lot of headaches to deal with. With him not being very handy I was constantly being called in to help him fix problems. It left a bad taste in my mouth. So although rental properties are decent money makers you may have to work hard at it too. That makes it more like a job than an investment. :wink:

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't jump on a decent opportunity if it comes along. I'm just not going to go out of my way looking for opportunities in real estate. Especially in my current area.

Thanks!
 
mts said:
AGCoinHunter,

Yeah, rental property can be a real money maker. My father in law has made a lot of money on it over the years. But he recently got rid of all of his properties. Luckily he got rid of them a couple of years ago before real estate tanked in the area. I know that he made good money but he also had a lot of headaches to deal with. With him not being very handy I was constantly being called in to help him fix problems. It left a bad taste in my mouth. So although rental properties are decent money makers you may have to work hard at it too. That makes it more like a job than an investment. :wink:

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't jump on a decent opportunity if it comes along. I'm just not going to go out of my way looking for opportunities in real estate. Especially in my current area.

Thanks!

I've had some negative experiences with rental properties.
I know others have done well.
It just ended-up being a money-pit for me.
CRH is much cheaper and a lot more fun.

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom