Time to get your "gear" in gear

B

BIG61AL

Time to get your "gear" in gear

Winter. The bane of treasure hunters has it icy grip on much of the nation. Soon spring will edge the cold and snow away. This is the time to get your gear ready for the coming hunting season.
Hear is my gear.
Whites Prizm V with big foot coil. Cleaned from top to bottom. Checked for cracks, wire damage, corrosion. Coil multi pin connector examined. Battery compartment checked. New plastic cover for control unit. I use shower caps from hotels that get for free. They are surprisingly tough and when they get dirty I simply put on another.
Hats - Boony hat and wool cap.
Gloves - two sets of knit work gloves, rubber/neoprene primary gloves [not shown - air drying after hand washing].
Diggers - Leashe, cleaned and sharpened. Back up digger.
Probes - New Garrett's pro-pointer and back up Whites Bullseye II
Emergency head light and back up knife. My main knife [not shown] is always on my person. A Buck Sirius Straight edge with assisted opening and machined blade and body.
Primary and secondary headphones with two back up ear bud sets.
Two back up pouches. Not shown is my whites pouch - air drying after hand washing.
Rain ponchos, first aid kit, batteries, spare plastic bolt/nut, small piece of foam to use to secure loose batteries, extra plastic shower caps [see above], two sets knee pads.
Not shown is a binder with my maps printed from google maps in plastic page protectors with sites I want to visit.

All I need now is warmer weather. I am ready.
Are you ready?

Attachments

• gear.JPG
    gear.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 194
Re: Time to get your "gear" in gear

I usually wait until the first of March before I get my gear around. Tha way Batteries is still fresh.....

Re: Time to get your "gear" in gear

that looks like a setup for 2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back