Tin toy boats with number game, made in Japan. ID?

TinToyHotGirl

Greenie
Sep 7, 2015
Live in the Netherlands, born in Norway.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hallo.

I have searched the internet til my fingers were soar and I cant find these boats or anything like them anywhere! Can you help me?
The way the numbers on the front of the boar works is that when you push the boat forwards on it's wheels the numbers starts spinning. When the boat stops the numbers also stops and then there will be 3 numbers showing in the 3 holes in the front of the boat. Can anyone tell me anything about them and if there are any value to the number showing boats?

20150710_174259.jpg 20150710_174315.jpg

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was in Japan in 1956, beer cans were made from stronger stuff than they are today. Being a sailor, as I recollect we drank lots of beer. One thing guys would do to show off was drink the beer and bend the can, or crush the can. This would get you in trouble with the bar owner/manager, because they sold the empty cans to a toy manufacture, and they would make tin toys out of them. You could go to a store, and look inside the toy and see the remains of the beer label. At the time I thought it was pretty ingenious of them to come up with that idea. I don't know when they stopped manufacturing those toys, and frankly I never saw any in the United States, although I'll admit I never looked when I got home. I don't know anything about your toy boats, but they appear to be that type of post war toy, which would date them to the late 40's to perhaps the early 60's.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions