What's new

Tiny Brass Container

Breezie

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
6,278
Reaction score
2,120
Golden Thread
1
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Gang,
I'm wondering if this is an antique/vintage pill container or not? It's tiny as you can see; only 1 1/4 inches tall and 3/4 inch in diameter. The flash on my camera made the brass look more shiny than it really is. There's quite a bit of green patina on it. As always, thanks in advance, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • BrassContainer1.webp
    BrassContainer1.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 333
  • BrassContainer2.webp
    BrassContainer2.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 313
Hi Breezie .. you reckon it could be a dice can? The measurements seem to be exact!
 

Attachments

  • dice can.webp
    dice can.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0
creskol said:
Hi Breezie .. you reckon it could be a dice can? The measurements seem to be exact!


B-I-N-G-O! :headbang: Creskol! I think that is exactly what it is. There was a small die in the container when I got it, but I thought maybe some kid had put it in there. Woooo-Hoooo. . .I'm excited! Where did you find that pic you posted? If you found it in one of your books, let me know which one. Thanks, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • BrassContainer5.webp
    BrassContainer5.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
creskol said:
Hi Breezie .. you reckon it could be a dice can? The measurements seem to be exact!


B-I-N-G-O! :headbang: Creskol! I think that is exactly what it is. There was a small die in the container when I got it, but I thought maybe some kid had put it in there. Woooo-Hoooo. . .I'm excited! Where did you find that pic you posted? If you found it in one of your books, let me know which one. Thanks, Breezie

One of the sites I have bookmarked is : http://www.milantique.com because they always have unique stuff and makes a good reference.

The photo of your dice can appears on page 6 next to the bottom: http://www.milantique.com/misc CW6.htm#top

Hope that helps some.
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Pete, thanks for the reply. It does look like a miniature snuff container, but it is waaaaaay smaller than a normal size one. I couldn't find one (except for a lid), but the Bayer bottle is about the same size as the one you pictured. The last pic shows the average size snuff lid in comparison. Did stores sell snuff in miniature containers? :dontknow: Breezie
Cool little can :thumbsup: I was in a little hurry to watch a show that was coming on. Didn't see the size to the quarter.:D
But it looks like you got your ID. :thumbsup: And a Good one at that (creskol) :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete :hello:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Creskol, Pete, and Bramble! :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: WOW Breezie thats rockin cool, did you dig it or find it some where old???

HH

PTM
 
Upvote 0
Pull_tab_mike said:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: WOW Breezie thats rockin cool, did you dig it or find it some where old???

HH

PTM

Thanks PTM; I found it somewhere old. Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom