What's new

Tiny buckle or clasp?

Justice70

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
644
Reaction score
82
Golden Thread
0
Location
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in a park that I was detecting for the first time and was finding 6'' memorials and dimes. This was down about 6'' and was in the same hole with a dime ( not the one pictured). Does anyone recognize what this is?
 

Attachments

  • tiny 2.webp
    tiny 2.webp
    122.2 KB · Views: 684
  • tiny.webp
    tiny.webp
    117.3 KB · Views: 699
maybe from an early womans watchband
or purse
 
Upvote 0
watchband sounds about right. Thanks Jeff
 
Upvote 0
jeff of pa said:
maybe from an early womans watchband
or purse

The first wrist watch was made by Cartier in 1904, but it was post WWII before men wore wrist watches, and later for women. The buckle looks older than post WWII, so I would think it is another type of buckle other than for a watch band. Choker or purse would be my thoughts. Nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Hey thanks Breezie. I will assume that is a pre WW11 choker/purse buckle.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom