This is the smallest gold ring that I've ever found. It is a size 2, 10k at a whopping 1.0 gram total weight.
Has anyone seen anything smaller?
It must have been for an infant.
Anyway, that's my gold take for the week.
That is definately a really small ring. Some poor toddler probably lost it while on vacation. I have always wondered why you see so many kids on vacation at the beach, most of them have never worked a day in their life
The only 2 gold rings that I have found this season so far were both small as well. Last week I found a very pretty ladies 10 k gold Amethyst that weighed in at 1.4 grams, but yesterday's was by far the smallest which was another 10 k Gold ring with a tiny diamond as a solitaire. It weighed in at .9 grams. Seeing that I am pretty much land locked I only normally hunt the parks and school yards. The rings are there but it's a tough go in order to get them.
At this rate it'll take me along time to get my ounce per year! But as some of the other posters have confessed, I'd rather take small gold over no gold!