What's new

Tiny Gold Ring

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
247
Golden Thread
0
Location
Far, Far Away
This is the smallest gold ring that I've ever found. It is a size 2, 10k at a whopping 1.0 gram total weight.
Has anyone seen anything smaller?
It must have been for an infant.
Anyway, that's my gold take for the week.
 

Attachments

  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 781
Upvote 0
It might only be tiny but it's still Gold ,WTG !!
 
Congrats on the tiny ring. I've never gotten one this small but a friend of mine found a sterling ring this small.
 
Awesome!! I found a small one that weighed .8 dwt in March 2010, I will try to find a picture of it later and post it, it looks very similar to the size of yours, it is 14K so it weighed a little more for it's size. I found mine with an Excal, kinda gave me even more confidence that it would find such a small piece and it was fairly deep. Congrats, gold is gold!!!
 
Nice score - I found one smaller, weighed 0.6 g 10k :D
 
i have heard of infant rings! pretty stupid if you ask me. :dontknow:
 
Nice find.

I found a 10k ring in the dry sand a few years back.

.5 g, smaller than a dime.
 
Congrats on a very pretty gold ring find! :hello2:

Lorraine
 
Sweet ring! I found one last month similar to that.
Gold is gold though. I'll take it 1g at a time any day.

Here's to 10g! :occasion14:
 

Attachments

  • 1g ring.webp
    1g ring.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 524
  • 1g 10k.webp
    1g 10k.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 526
that is a sweet little ring! congrats
 
Da, don't you know you're supposed to throw the small ones back?

Congrats!! A ring is a ring and Gold is Gold. Much better than many are doing with the tough beach conditions this year.
 
tjc45 said:
Da, don't you know you're supposed to throw the small ones back?

Congrats!! A ring is a ring and Gold is Gold. Much better than many are doing with the tough beach conditions this year.

Don't tell the gold warden. ;D
 
[size=14pt]Yep, a "Baby's ring" actually they were quite common back in the early to mid 1900's. I've found 2 in 35+ years detecting.

:-)
[/size]
 
Hey CONGRATS! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

It is Gold after all.

I've found the tiniest Silver rings ... the smallest one about half of a dime sized at playground down deep. They're not putting these on babies are they?

HH Joe
 
Hey, gold is gold and is getting harder to find. Congrats.
 
lol. sweet find!!! looks like my dad baby ring......only yours is bigger! :D
 
I've found a few, never in that good a shape though.

Mine have all been squished like they were run over or something.

Threw them in the 5 gal bucket with the rest of the gold scrap :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom