I thought for a second that was a totally daft ID.You have found the base of a squashed paper shotgun shell...the primer is the small protrusion...the base of early ones were copper and later brass...take brasso and toothbrush and it will clean right up. Probably a 20 or 28 gauge...
Agree. Squished shotgun brass from a 20th C paper & brass shell. Maybe a 20 gauge or a 410?You have found the base of a squashed paper shotgun shell...the primer is the small protrusion...the base of early ones were copper and later brass...take brasso and toothbrush and it will clean right up. Probably a 20 or 28 gauge...
I agree, once he posted SG brass I went back to look and it was like a sore thumb🤘Agree. Squished shotgun brass from a 20th C paper & brass shell. Maybe a 20 gauge or a 410?
It's clear to me that there is a spent primer in the center.