What's new

Tips on magnet fishing?

Customx_12

Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
559
Reaction score
336
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just stumbled across this section and have never heard of magnet fishing. Is it literally sticking a magnet to a rope, dropping it in the water, and hoping you get something metal? What's a typical set-up like? Is this mostly for saltwater or fresh? Is it legal everywhere? How do you know where to drop it? I'm intrigued!
 
i am interested in this and would also like to get a few pointers. thanks
 
That's pretty much it as you describe it. ;) And where to do it? Totaly depends on what you want to find, older relics? Modern stuff like bicycles? Check out Magnet Fishing Gear -, there you got like 3 different magnet fishing rigs to look at :)
 
So many questions ;)

Go to youtube and type in magnet fishing some great videos some boring ones too.
 
Check out my channel in the signature, it's basically as you said. Fresh water is generally more productive, search under bridges and you are bound to find something.
 
Check out my channel in the signature, it's basically as you said. Fresh water is generally more productive, search under bridges and you are bound to find something.
Lots of bridges where I live. Every time I drive over a bridge I risk looking over to see if it might be a good one. Most of the bridges are taller than the 100 feet of line I have or the water is just too fast.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom