Tired of being rebuffed, halfdime to the rescue: another picture added

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I have a feeling my detecting time is going to diminish in the next few months; I'm coaching a 7-8 year old baseball team and it will whittle into my hunting. It's bittersweet, because I so love being out with the XLT, but there is also the thrill of watching Miss halfdime pick a ground ball like it was a Merc :D. When I started detecting a few years ago, one of the first places I hit, and hit hard, was my in-laws' house. There, I found my first large cent, a Barber half, Barber dime, some Mercs, a few Indians, many wheats, a Buff, a silver ring and some more recent silver coins. I've done a pretty thorough job over the years, but I had some time to kill today; I thought, "There has to be one old coin left here somewhere." So I set out to find it. My original hunts were conducted in the heat of August, when the ground was dry; lately, we've had too much moisture but it helps the detecting. My first signal was a pretty solid 55, which usually indicates a nickel, but there was a hint of chirping, so I wasn't sure. I dug and out popped this 19 Buff, which I had passed over several times previously. I apologized profusely for leaving this poor thing in the ground longer than I should have, but he appeared to be sympathetic. He was the only coin of the day, but that's okay.

Attachments

• rebuff (2).jpg
    rebuff (2).jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 621
  • rebuffpic (Small).jpg
    rebuffpic (Small).jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0
Re: Tired of being rebuffed, halfdime to the rescue

Its a nice buff! At least you could see the date. Good luck on finding time in the future. 8)

Nice Buff..the old Indian is very wise to be forgiving of your oversight :D

WTG :thumbsup:

Nat

Henry,
That is cool. I have hunted my mom's place for 3 years and am still finding good stuff. Those old relics and nickels are the last to be found but still worthwhile. :)

I still wish you could hone your computer/camera skills to get a better picture....

Bob

Sounds like my grandma's yard. And trust me folks, he hits the dirt and he hits it hard!

Halfdime,
That injunm look great. Must have been the chief.
Joe

Nice Buff! Good luck! Hopefully you find more in that field! Seems like it's a gold mine!

Great looking Buff. It is always nice to find the ones that have dates on them. :wink: :wink:

That's a good looking nickel HD---Nice find :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back