garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
I will search around and see what I can find..if you are unable to afford a trip if I do find some I would gladly send you some.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for the replies. If I knew there was property to dig legally, I would spend the $ for a trip. I love to dig for treasure, & from the pics I've seen, these TN agates are treasures. Thanks for the offer TeAra. Maybe we can dig together.

Upvote 0
S

stefen

Tongue-In-Cheek

Painted Agate from Navajo Indian Reservation (Arizona) ...:laughing7:

PAINTED AGATE.jpg

Upvote 0

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
I will check around we do have some places close to me that land on property that is not owned by anyone but have other specimens on it as well...one places I have been finding the calcite clusters also have agate and chert above the property..I will make sure it has items worth a trip and would be no problem to show you these places

Upvote 0

luxefaire

Dec 21, 2005
Jolly Corner FL
Detector(s) used
Any
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is a paint rock river/paint rock valley/paint rock alabama, near the tn line, you can collect in the river, be careful, and if its summer watch for snakes...some fine fine spearpoints of paint rock agate can be found in the plowed fields nearby, among many other things...if you can get to an outcrop near the headwaters of the river up by the state line (Most of the land is posted) then you will want to search the 1200 ft level...dewey moss passed away a few years back, you might look up ollie williams in grant alabama, he sells rough and is a good old boy. paint rock agate is some of the fines tgem agate in the world. the yellow and rose with multicolored crepe paper plume is too fine to talk about. the cabs i cut of this stuff run $5.00 per ct. I don't sell many of them but i dont care :)... the main problem with pr agate is that most is gotten from weathered out deposits and has been subject to freeze over many years, but that just makes it more of a challenge. if you can dig any it may be pristine, withoout a lot of cracks. it doesnt like high heat, it does like cerium oxide....b

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for the info folks. Luxefaire, I will chk that out. Maybe in the spring before snakes. do you have any pix of your pr agate? It is indeed quite beautiful. Never seen anything else like it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks TeAra! Am chompin at the bit to go to Colemans crystal mine in Jesseville AR. Have you been there? Amazing! & sooo much fun.

Upvote 0

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
You are very welcome..No I haven't I mostly hunt in TN/NC..GA soon..As soon as we get a vehicle that will make it further than that I plan on trying other states.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Luxe, the cabs are beautiful! Must be gorgeous when back lit.
TeAra, let me know if you want the address for the crystal mine. There are several in the area, but the one I go to seems to produce the most.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread