Tnet yardsale day!

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to shoot down your idea, but I feel like that would get a little tense. Regardless of the fact that we are all online friends here, if we all met in person and went to sales it would probably get uncomfortably competitive. I know that there are some things I look for that probably no one else here would want, but for the most part we all look for the same stuff, which would get a little weird. A meet up would be fun though, does that ever happen for other parts of this site like metal detecting?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know kind of thought of it as like a old Boy Scout get together thing. Probably really wouldn't be worth the gas money to drive to somebody else's town but The idea would be interesting. See my wife goes out of town once a year to meet up with all her old girlfriends. Can you give me something to do out of the house once in a while. Maybe going to Canada to go fishing to be a better idea?

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to shoot down your idea, but I feel like that would get a little tense. Regardless of the fact that we are all online friends here, if we all met in person and went to sales it would probably get uncomfortably competitive. I know that there are some things I look for that probably no one else here would want, but for the most part we all look for the same stuff, which would get a little weird. A meet up would be fun though, does that ever happen for other parts of this site like metal detecting?

Yes metal detectors do get together & some even travel across the country to do it sometimes. Not usually large groups but 4-6 people (sometimes more) & if you have members very near ya they often meet up & go out doing their thing! Tho that is quite different as detecting is mostly luck & not a competition in anyway. You just can't find what isn't there no matter how much you swing that coil.

Last edited:

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had the time I would come to FL just to watch some of ya'al FL boys work the yard sales and thrift stores! HH

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not get togeather and have a garage sale. T-net flea market anyone?

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone is visiting Ft. Lauderdale, I'm game to go out hunting. We have a high concentration of garage sales, estate sales, auctions, thrift stores, etc. We even have a Goodwill sort facility. We have sales year round. Wish I could do it full time.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
You're all more than welcome to come hit the yard sales here in North East Tennessee. I have to warn you though, all you'll find are women's clothes and baby toys... same story with Goodwill, the thrift stores, etc.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're all more than welcome to come hit the yard sales here in North East Tennessee. I have to warn you though, all you'll find are women's clothes and baby toys... same story with Goodwill, the thrift stores, etc.

I have family down in Jasper aand Kimbol, I bet it is the same there. Isn't there a big art community in TN? Ben Hampton?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread